Chapter Eighteen

Ok guys, forgive me if these characters are perceived in wrong way. You have no idea how difficult it is for me to write a fan fic lmao.

Leah and Lindsay had spent the entire week cleaning out Theo's room and the guest room for when the family came over, and the day had finally creeped up on them. Everything was in order, and Leah had just finished changing Theo's bedding. It hadn't been touched since he'd passed for some reason, even though Lindsay had been sorting out the room a few days ago. The sheets smelt like illness and vomit, but Leah managed to pull through without barfing.

Once she went back downstairs, the nerves began to kick in. She didn't think that she'd be worried about meeting Jared's family, but now the day had arrived, the anxiousness was creeping through her veins. What if they didn't like her? Or think she was good enough? That would be the worst thing that could happen. Or could it?

Could Leah be worried that the family were going to hurt her?

She shook the thoughts away as soon as they entered her mind.

Once she entered the kitchen, Jared was stood there waiting for her. He'd dressed rather nice. He had a black dress shirt and jeans on, which was better than his usual plain shirt and faded, denim dungarees. A beaming smile lifted onto Leah's face as she walked over to him.

" You look very handsome," she complimented, tugging at his collar, and he pulled her into his arms.

Jared was smiling too, but as he was about to reply, he squinted his eyes, and furrowed his brows. Leah pulled her face, and Jared stared down before pulling at her hands from his chest.

" Are you okay?" Jared asked. " You're shaking."

" Yeah, I'm fine," Leah quickly said. " I'm just a little nervous."

" Nervous about what?"

Leah gulped, tucking her blonde hair behind her ear. It was getting longer now- growing out of its short bob. She pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose before bowing her head against the ground; they slid back down anyway.

" In case your family don't like me,"

Jared sniggered, and this caused Leah to bring her glossy blue eyes up. This was something Leah was genuinely scared of, and Jared was laughing at her. It upset her, but couldn't say anything though. He placed his hand against his forehead and continued to chuckle like it was the most ridiculous thing he'd ever heard. Leah quickly felt embarrassed, and the heat rose in her pale cheeks.

" Are you crazy?" Jared laughed. " Of course they'll like you, you're beautiful."

Leah blushed harder at Jared's words, and a smile forced its way onto her lips.

" Trust me, you'll be fine." Jared said, and as he did, the sound of an engine switching off filled their ears.

Leah cocked her head to the side, and out of the barricaded windows, she noticed a blue truck pulled up. It mirrored the one Gabe had used to abduct her that night, and memories flashed back to her mind. The family had arrived.

Jared turned, noticing the truck through the bars too.

" Dad, they're here," Jared placed his hand against his mouth and yelled up the stairs. They soon listened to the sound of footsteps, and Lindsay and Gabe came thudding down the stairs.

Once they came into the kitchen, Leah got a glimpse of Lindsay, who also looked rather impressive. She had a pretty pink summers dress on that reached her feet, even though it was still winter, she presumed. Leah realised it must be a big deal when the family came over, which make her feel more worried, and she started to bite her nails.