Chapter Twenty-Five

Question: Someone asked me who my favourite character out of all three books was, and it got me intrigued in knowing yours?? Mines 100% Tommy. He's evil, and he's everything and ugh, I loved him so much. But Jared comes super close to tommy, but he misses the top by a small amount loll. Let me know yours in the comments.

Lindsay cooked dinner whilst Leah got washed and changed, and Leah was on her toes all the way through the meal. What would Jared want to talk about? Had she done something wrong again? Were they planning on getting rid off her? She knew she may have been overthinking, but only the worst case scenario's came into her head when she though about Jared and her discussing something.

If it was important, Jared would have told her there and then. But if it was serious, he wouldn't have. The worst part was, he was making Leah wait, causing her to claw at the chair she sat in, begging to know, barely touching her food as the knot in her stomach that kept tightening caused her to not want to eat.

Suddenly, Leah was knocked out her thoughts when a clang sound erupted in her ears, and she shot her head to the side of her to see Jared tapping his fork against his plate in order to get her attention. When there eyes met, he had a confused expression on his face, and he narrowed his eyes down at her food, beckoning her to finish it.

She picked up her fork, pushing some of the meat in her mouth, when Gabriel spoke. "How is it going, Leah?"

Leah looked up, and her glasses fell slightly. Gabriel was at the other end of the table, examining her. He was probably trying to witness any signs of pain; he was bound to know that Jared had whipped her with the belt several days ago. God, he'd probably told him too.

Leah shoved the glasses up the bridge of her nose quickly and ate her food, avoiding eye contact. " I'm okay, you?" She was finding it really hard not to sound raspy, like she was worried. Leah was acting how she had when she'd first arrived here, and the family were going to think she was up to something.

She wasn't. She wasn't at all. Jared had just planted a seed in her mind without watering it, before dinner, and now she couldn't act like a normal human person knowing he had questions for her. She needed to calm down; Gabriel was already " disappointed" with her.

Gabriel leaned back in his chair a little. " You should eat all that food up. It's important you finish as you'll be eating for two one day."

Leah blinked rapidly at the mention of this. She then jolted her head up to stare at him, and he had a large smirk spread across his lips.

Leah briefly looked at Jared, witnessing his tensed body digging into his food, and his nostrils seemed to widen slightly too.

" Don't worry, I will," Leah forced a struggled smile onto her lips, and carried on eating her food. Lindsay's eyes went between the conversation, but she dipped her head back down and didn't say anything.

The rest of dinner was in deafening silence.

Once everyone was done, Leah helped Lindsay collect the dishes, and took them over to the sink. Lindsay began soaking them with the warm, soapy water, and Leah stood beside, waiting to dry them. Jared waited, watching them for a while, and Leah could feel his burning eyes on her.

She continued putting the cutlery away until Jared came and tapped her shoulder. Leah knew he was behind her, but she still jumped up anyway from his rough touch.

Leah retrieved her actions with a cough, and turned to face him. " Come on," he said, moving his head to the side to signal upstairs, and Leah faced the dishes again. She was still helping Lindsay out. She tucked her short hair behind her ear.