Chapter Twenty-Two

This is really short, but I haven't updated in ages.

Jared still held onto Leah's ankle, his razor sharp fingernails seeping into her skin. Leah almost lay on the ground; her other leg dangling in the air. Jared pulled Leah's foot forwards, and she yelped as her back finally palmed against the floor.

He held The Belt firmly in his other hand, and he crawled between Leah's legs. For a second, she reckoned Jared was going to strangle her with his weapon as he rested it against her chest, but he soon spoke up.

" Get on your front." Jared instructed quietly, but sinisterly, and Leah shakily began pulling her legs away from him to climb to face the floor; her arms were giving up on her due to the fear that quaked inside her body and her bones, and she was trying oh so hard not to fall as she gently placed herself beside where Jared was now sat.

Leah heard Jared get up, and the horrifying slashing sound of The Belt smashed against Leah's ears as Jared practiced it in the air. This was enough to set Leah off again, and cold tears slipped down her cheeks as silent whimpers escaped her mouth quietly, but loud enough for Jared to detect.

Leah listened intently as he leaned back down again, and her arms filled with goosebumps when Jared's hand stroked her hair. She was petrified of what was about to happen. He removed it from her clammy cheeks before whispering in her ear.

" Stop crying, please," Leah's body tensed. " It only makes it worse for me." But she could feel his smile against her neck, and she knew he was lying. He slowly pushed her large top up her back to reveal the flesh.

He stood back up, and before Leah knew it, the thick lever had connected with her soft skin, and she screamed out in agony. Jared hushed Leah to be quiet because the family were downstairs, so she brought her lifeless hand up and bit onto it to stop her yelling out. It was painful upon Leah's ears to hear the slashing sound; the infuriation and frustration within those several whips were enough to make Leah pass out if he continued with this amount of animosity and aggression. He was mad for sure.The more he did it, the harder she bit into the side of her index finger.

Finally, Jared stood back up, and Leah stayed on the ground; she was paralysed. Completely unable to move, think or even breathe without a struggle. Her back stung like bees had attacked her as the cool air seeped into her fresh, open wounds.

She heard his footsteps leave as he walked away. She was unsure if he was just going to leave her here, but Leah decided not to remove herself anyway.

But soon enough, his dooming stomp returned. " Get up," Jared demanded when he realise Leah wasn't going to.

She pressed her hands against the carpet, her chipped fingernails catching onto the cotton, ripping the nail. Leah attempted to push herself up, but she was finding it hard. She thought Jared might help her, but it seemed he didn't feel bad for what he'd just done.

You always have to fuck things up, Leah.

She was stupid. So fucking stupid to think she'd get away with going outside. Leah should've known better.

Once she finally managed to help herself up, Leah looked at Jared to see him holding that same, old needle between his strong thumb and index finger, the tip of it pressing against the end and she felt the colour drain from her appearance in seconds. That's where he'd gone.

" No.." Leah almost whispered, but then panicked. " No, Jared, I- I don't need that. It's still early."

" Yes, Leah," he gritted. " I'm not in the mood to play games with you today, so don't fight me on this."

" I'm sorry. I wasn't leaving you. I'd never do that."

" I know you are, and I know you wasn't, but I have to do this. You need to rest." He seemed like he believed her, despite the calm sarcasm that flowed through his voice. Leah knew why he was doing this. If he went downstairs with her in his arms, Gabriel and the family would not be impressed.

Suddenly, he lunged towards her whilst she was distracted in her thoughts, and stuck the needle right in her arm, in which she hissed like a snake through her clenched teeth that began grinding together in the most aching way.

Leah felt her body go numb, and she began to wobble; she allowed herself to fall back into Jared's arms, and he carried her over to the bed. Her vision was crowded with blur, and Jared face staring down at her seemed to lose its features.

He placed the comforter over her body. She could feel the irritating material of the sheet scraping against the wounds of her back, and she knew there was bound to be blood everywhere, but Jared didn't seem to care. Maybe he did, but he'd blame her later. Leah just prayed that the wounds wouldn't get infected. Or maybe she wanted them too..

Leah thought Jared might lean down and kiss her, but she watched as his figure moved away from her, and moments later she heard the slam of the door before she blacked out, falling into a deep sleep.