Chapter Thirty

Hey guys, sorry it's been so long. This ones unedited, super long and kinda all over the place, so I hope you understand it. You guys wanted a chapter, so you got one. It's the turning point for Leah, so enjoy.

—-

After Lindsay had felt up Leah's stomach for the past hour and half, whilst Gabe and Jared whispered beside them, they went up to bed. Lindsay had said it was too early to conclude whether she were pregnant for sure, but that the symptoms gave off the impression that she were.

Leah couldn't take her hand off her stomach. She didn't know why. Even when she'd got changed and slid into bed, her fingers were still curled around the skin on her belly. It was like her form of protection as a mother. If she were even pregnant at all.

She knew she was. Leah could feel it. Not physically, but in her bones and in her mind.

" Are you okay?" Jared had kept asking her as he could feel her tense body against him in the bed. It was sudden, this change within her movement and the way she lay. She was confused herself at to why she was responding so strangely.

She just kept nodding, and soon Jared's breathing thickened which let her know he was asleep.

And Leah couldn't get a wink of it all night..

—-

The next day, Leah awoke to see that no sun rise beamed through the windows and slashed through the bars like it usually did, and no Jared was beside her. There was a source of relief that she chose to ignore when she realised that.

She furrowed her brows, turning to the clock beside her to see it was 12 noon, and Leah wondered why Jared had allowed her to sleep in.

Leah toddled down the stairs in her night wear, not bothering to get changed. She figured if the boys weren't in, nothing would be said. When she entered the kitchen, she seen Lindsay mopping the floor, humming quietly to herself.

Leah pushed her glasses up her face and cleared her throat, causing Lindsay to lift her face up. She stared at Leah, a wide, almost robotic smile working its way across her face.

" Good morning, " Lindsay greeted, happier than usual. She was usually a cheerful one, but today was much more full on. " Breakfast is on the side for you over there. I made a special one for you today."

Leah turned her head to the side to see a plate of pancakes with syrup on the top. Damn, Lindsay was feeling generous today. She wondered why Gabriel had allowed her to do this, but she was very grateful.

" Thank you, you didn't have to go through all the trouble alone." Leah said, walking towards the plate of food. Lindsay was the sweetest at times.

Lindsay eyed her carefully with a warm expression, and when her eyes travelled down to Leah's still flattened stomach, Leah knew why she was so gratified. Why they all probably were.

" Well," Lindsay said, disrupting Leah from thought. " Now you're awake, I'm going to go upstairs and clean out the bathroom. I won't touch yours and Jared's until he comes in, but could you start on the washing up when you've finished breakfast?"

Leah briefly looked at the basket of dirty clothes beside her feet. " Yeah, of course,"

Lindsay smiled before grabbing a bucket full of cleaning supplies and heading out of the room. Before she went upstairs, she peered back into the kitchen.