Chapter Six

Hey y'all, hope you're enjoying the book. Okay now, I know it seems like all Leah does it cry. There is an explanation. In Tradition Comes Third, Jared explains to Hunter how difficult Leah was to put up with when she first arrived because all she did was cry. ( she's not brave like Julie unfortunately)  I'm trying to stick to the authors words as much as possible. Especially the juicy parts that will be coming real soon..

Surprisingly, Leah listened to Jared  today and helped Lindsay out. They cleaned the sitting room, although there wasn't much mess. Leah had never even seen it be used. There was no television in there and when Leah asked why, Lindsay mentioned the boys didn't have time for television and quite frankly, they didn't know what one was, nor how to work one. This shocked Leah more than it should have. People these days gravitated towards technology.

Lindsay explained that they'd be coming in soon and that they'd have too cook supper. Leah had no idea how to make food, and she feared the boys attacking her for ruining their meal.

" Me and my boyfriend usually got take out each night because neither of us knew how to cook." Leah half-laughed nervously.

Derek.

She hadn't thought about him a lot whilst being here. She wondered where he was and if he was thinking about her right now. Most definitely  not. Derek was probably glad to be rid of her. Accept now, he'd have nobody to boss around.

" Your boyfriend?" Lindsay looked taken back and there was a hint of  worry in her ocean- blue eyes. She continued cutting a large chunk of meat, but gazed at Leah at the same time.

Shit.

Leah pushed her glasses up her nose as heat rushed to her cheeks. Why had she mentioned that? Now she was going to tell Jared, and god knows what would happen.

" Umm yeah.. I- I was leaving him when I was taken by Gabriel."

" Did Gabe see him?"

" No, i was leaving him as in running away." Leah told her, and Lindsey tried to hide her shock. She didn't think Leah was the type to talk to boys, never mind be with one.

" Why?" Lindsay asked.

"Well.. He was always hurting me- he didn't care, but i was just too afraid to end it to his face." Leah bowed her head at the ground and Lindsay walked over and placed an arm around her shoulders, attempting to comfort Leah. 

" You're safe here, sweetie," Lindsay assured her. " We care about you."

" No you don't." Leah quickly said, unsure as to why she'd done that. She knew they didn't, but she took it out on the wrong person. The weakest person. The only person she felt she could stand up to- in a way.

Lindsay's smile faded and became a frown. They were both stood in uncomfortable silence for a moment until Lindsay jerked her head up and plastered a beaming grin of her oldish face.

" Oh, here they come. Will you just set the plates out, please?" Leah darted her eyes at Lindsay to see her now navy eyes staring through the black bars. They looked so simple too break, but with Leah's lack of strength and weakened figure, it would be impossible. She'd definitely need to eat properly this dinner. Leah was desperate for power to escape. She'd do it. She couldn't stay here forever with these people- she'd go insane.