Chapter Seventeen

Everyone stop what you're doing, even if it's about to read this chapter, and go and watch the movie: Cleveland Abduction. It's a lifetime movie. Based on a true story. Mind blowing and legit one of those movies that change you and make you grateful for what you have. I've never watched anything like it.

Leah's ears twitched the sound of water hammering against tiles, and her eyes fluttered open. She turned to her side, and Jared wasn't there. She leaned on her arms, and her eyes scanned the room for a moment. Minutes later, he came walking out of their bathroom, a towel wrapped around his waist, and his hair spiked from the towels rough touch as he ruffled it through.

Leah cleared her throat, and Jared looked up, removing the black towel from his head of hair, and threw it on the side.

" Hey," he said, his voice for some reason sounding morbid and low.

" Hi," Leah smiled, but Jared's eyes looked away, and he began dragging clothes out of the draw.

Once he picked them out, he practically flung them at Leah, and she was a little startled by the aggressiveness held within that small action. What had happened? Everything was fine last night. Leah knew she hadn't don't anything.

" You need to shower," Jared said. " It's already running. Your clothes are there."

" Thank you," Leah still stared in his direction with those wide blue eyes, but Jared wouldn't focus his vision upon her, and the expression on his face was flat and disinterested. It was a cryptic sight; Leah never knew what caused this unordinary behaviour.

Jared turned to leave the room, but Leah was itching like an addict to know what had gotten into him. It was her duty as his wife to make sure things were fine, right?

Before he reached the door, Leah leaped from the bed. She knew she'd get in trouble for this, but it let him know she cared. She just wanted to make sure everything was normal with him.

" Jared, are you okay?"

Jared rotated on his heels so that he was facing her again. His jaw was clenched and his fingers were curled into his palm to create a fist. Leah tried to ignore the angry sight of him.

" What have I told you about asking questions, Leah?" Jared took a step towards her now, raising his brow, showing his dangerous eyes now. " You've been here long enough to know that now."

" I know," Leah rushed out. " But when I can tell something's wrong, I'm not just going to ignore it."

Jared tore his eyes away and looked at the floor. He let out air that was so rough, Leah didn't know if had came from his nostrils or his mouth. He moved a little closer to Leah, and she felt that unpleasant shiver wiggle through her body. That one that people said you got because a spirit was entering you. Leah had never believed that, but right now, she felt different. Like a changed person.

Jared was finally so close, that the tip of his nose was touching Leah's. His lips were scrunched up, and he was knitting his eyebrows so much that the hooded skin hung over his eyes- it made it easier for Leah when they did that. She knew his eyes would be that icky brown colour right now, and not appear like natural coffee granules; she reckoned she witnessed that sometimes.