Exposed (pun intended)

Chapter 14

Exposed (pun intended)

......

It might be no surprise to know that the heart beats. Though when observed at which rate it beats, the acceleration is the stimulus of situations or reasons predicted or unpredicted by man.

The feeling of love; when one loses control and can't steam off the close distance between the two lovers, is when the heart beats frantically.

Similarly, the fear that heightens at instances makes the heart dance to a rampant accord.

“Oh!There you are”

I sweated more profusely, trying to calm myself.

“ There you are little kitty. My little ball of fur! How ya doin? Daddy missed you too, muffle puff.”

F*ck. My. Life.

Taylor loosened his grip on me cussing. For the first time I realized that we were dangerously close and I reluctantly looked up.

As I did our noses distance was at a millimeter.

He got closer and I hastily stepped back. He leaned to my ear making my throat run dry.

“ B, you ready to put your money where your mouth is?"

Huh? There was this orgy of nervous thoughts.

“ I'm making a run for it. Tag along, besides, the camera to TV job is done.” He had done it?

I couldn't say a word.

I nodded and tucked my hair at the back of my ear.

“ Baker, don't get too attached, okay?” his tone changed and I looked into his eyes. That was a pun, I could figure it out.

I stepped out of the shadow and searched for the old pig. He was canoodling his cat.

“ Coast's clear. Keep moving” I directed at Taylor and he agreed.

And after a few moments we were out while Mr.Hemmings was giving his cat a bl*wjob and was er... Distracted.

......

It was 9:00 pm and I had lied to my mom that I was at Hannah's place when really I was in Sharon's car with Taylor ( yes, we had blackmailed her roughly after 15 minutes later.)

I had my hand on my head and the wind swiped my hair in a frenzy. We drove past the cars of our townmates.

“ Taylor ?”

“ Yeah, Baker?”

“ What did you mean when you said not to get attached?” I asked and kept my eyes on the yellow stripes painted on the road.

“ B...”

He called me Bagain. He had called me Baker for the past two weeks. What had changed ?

“ I want to know”

“ Good girls fall for bad boys.” he laughed it off.

“ Don't flatter yourself Taylor. You know I'm not the type.” I turned around and looked at him. He smiled faintly and dropped one look.

“ I know you aren't. That's why we hang out. I have no fear for...”

“ For what?” I asked curiously.

“ Your home's here.” he said avoiding eye contact.

Anger rushed in. What was wrong with him? Why couldn't he ever be straightforward ?