2

Emily's POV

"Not it!" Both Hanna and Aria say at the same time, the moment we walk into the kitchen.

"Really? What are we? In elementary?" I glare at them but they just look at me innocently. "Fine. I'll go get us coffees from the brew. Meanwhile, Aria cook up something good." Aria pouts at this.

"Why do I have to?" She looks over at Hanna but we both just laugh at Aria.

"Hanna doesn't cook." Hanna laughs again whenever Aria glares at her.

"Would you rather go to the brew to get us coffees?" I shoot back at the short brunette.

She immediately stands up from her spot at the table and begins to find stuff to cook for our breakfast. I roll my eyes before heading to the brew.

Whenever I get there, the line is extremely long. You have got to be kidding me. I only want coffees to go. These people probably want to feed an army. I send a quick text to the girls to let them know that I'm going to be late.

"Damn, I thought I made it early enough." A voice comes from behind me and it almost sounds angelic like. It takes everything inside me to not turn around. I've never heard that voice before.

"Yeah, well if you would have gotten up early like I told you to, we could already be on our way." Another voice says which is deeper than the other girl's voice.

"You just can't let me win can you?" I can hear the smile in the girl's voice. I wonder what she looks like. I wonder if I just turn around to pretend I'm looking around that it will work?

"No one can win when it comes to me."

"Whatever, Spence." She scoffs at this.

"I have to go to the restroom. Stay in line, Alison."

Alison? That's her name? She must be new around here because I don't know anyone by the name of Alison. Let alone Spence.

"Okay, Mother." I can hear the sarcasm in her voice which makes me smile. She reminds me of Hanna in a way. I can hear her sigh as the sound of heels walk away from her. "I just want a coffee to go." She groans at this.

"Me and you both." I mutter before I can even stop myself. She laughs at my statement. I turn around and give her a small smile.

It takes everything inside me to not check her out. She has blonde hair that's curled into perfection and the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen.

She's breathtaking.

And to answer your question, yes I'm gay. I always knew I was gay since I was fifteen which was a little over two years ago.

I ended up falling in love with Hanna but she didn't feel the same way toward me. I never told her I had a thing for her because I didn't want to ruin our friendship.

But I know she doesn't feel that way toward me because she has always been obsessed with boys.

It hurt me at the time but I'm over it now. I fell out of love with her whenever she got with Caleb and I had to learn to get over her.

My friends have no clue that I'm gay because I haven't had the courage to tell them that I am.

I don't know how they would react and I don't want to lose them as my friends. And I also don't want to make it awkward between the three of us.

So no one knows I'm gay. Except me. I just secretly check girls out without anyone noticing.

Alison looks to be my age, 17 or 18.

"Normally the brew isn't this busy." I tell her with a light smile to which she returns. "Are you new around here?" I had to ask.

"Actually, yes. I just moved here about two weeks ago. I needed to start fresh with my life and my friend, Spencer, suggested Rosewood." I nod my head, not really knowing what to say. "I'm Alison." She holds her hand out for me to shake.

"Emily." I take her hand in mine which is soft and warm.

"It's nice to meet you." She smiles at me before her eyes look me over slightly which makes my cheeks warm. I'm sure it was nothing. Girls can check out other girls without it meaning something.

"You too."

After about five minutes of standing there, I'm finally able to order my coffee and two for Aria and Hanna.

"I hope to see you around." Alison tells me with a glint in her eyes. I look down at the floor and smile before meeting her eyes again.

"We'll see." I wink at her before I even know what I'm doing. I mentally curse at myself for doing so but the reaction from Alison was worth it. She had blushed and looked down at her shoes.

——

Once I arrive back to my house, the girls both nearly knock me down trying to get their coffee.

"So how did sitting in line work out for you?" Hanna asks taking a sip of her drink afterwards.

"Umm, not too bad actually." I smile thinking back to the beautiful blonde.

"Was there a cute guy there?" Aria assumes with a smile on her face. My smile nearly drops when she says guy but I hold it up.

I hate that my two best friends don't know I'm gay but I can't say anything. What would they think? Would they still want to be my friend? Or would they worry that I have feelings for them?

It's just better if I keep it to myself.

"Actually it was a girl. She's new to town." I state truthfully.

"Is she our age?"

"I think so." I shrug my shoulders and walk to the couch to sit down. "I didn't ask but she looked young."

"Maybe we will see her at school?" Aria suggests but I shake my head.

"She said she moved here two weeks ago. We would have seen her in school by now."

"Homeschooled?" Hanna questions.

"Maybe."

Homeschooled or not, I hope I see Alison again.