24

Alison's POV

"So I was thinking we should go out." I tell Emily as she lays in my arms while my fingers run along her skin. Tomorrow is her birthday and I want it to be special.

"Like out on a date?" Emily looks up at me with a smile. I nod my head yes. "What do you have in mind?"

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." I kiss her nose when she pouts at me.

"I hate surprises." She rolls her eyes playfully at me.

"Well, you're going to love this one. At least I hope so."

"The only thing that will matter is me being with you." Emily presses her lips against mine before snuggling in closer to me. It's ten in the morning and we haven't gotten out of bed yet. She insisted that we stayed in bed longer and I couldn't exactly say no to her puppy face. She said she would go into school late today.

***

"So I was thinking we go shopping for your birthday." Hanna tells me with a big smile on her face. She loves shopping. She shops until she drops. Literally.

"Really, Han?" Aria glares at her girlfriend.

"What? It's like the only thing I can think of." Hanna shrugs her shoulders with an innocent smile. I love her.

"I don't care what we do. As long as it doesn't involve me getting drunk."

"Damn." Aria mutters under her breath. I raise my eyebrow at her. "There's a party at Noel's house tomorrow night. It was an idea."

"We could always do both." Hanna suggests. "Shop and go to the party." Aria nods her head and I just shake my head because they aren't even including me in it.

"It's my birthday, remember?" I laugh. "And besides, don't forget about Ali. She's going to want to spend time with me too." I shut my locker and adjust the books in my hand.

"Okay, you two have all morning to hang out together. I won't get out of bed until at least one since tomorrow is Saturday." Hanna says with a dead serious face. Aria and I look at her funny. "What? I have to catch up on my sleep."

"So Alison wants to take me out tonight." I say, changing the subject.

"Like out on a date?" Hanna asks.

"Yeah, she said she wanted it to be a surprise."

"Is this going to be yours and Alison's first date?" Aria smiles. She's big on romance.

"Yes. We were going to go see a movie together but when my dad showed up, things changed." Mr. Fitz walks in, ending our conversation.

***

As soon as I get to Alison's house, I walk up to the door and knock but she doesn't answer. That's weird. She normally answers within a few seconds.

I'm sure she's just busy so I wait.

Thirty seconds.

One minute.

Two minutes.

Three minutes.

She should have answered by now.

"Ali?" I knock again but no answer. I try the door knob to see it is unlocked. I slowly walk inside and look around. "Alison?" No answer. "This isn't funny." I yell out, waiting for her to jump out of nowhere.

I walk to the kitchen but she's not there. I try the bathroom and still nothing. The only place she can be is her bedroom so I walk to the door to see it is closed.