5

Emily's POV

"What do you mean she's spending the night at your house?" Aria questions through the phone. I called both Hanna and Aria as soon as I got Alison settled into the guest room.

"She's staying here until my dad gets back in two weeks. Apparently, she was the one who offered to stay here with me so I'm not alone." My voice is barely above a whisper because I don't want Alison hearing my phone conversation.

"But you're not alone. You have me and Han." 

"That's what I'm saying but I guess she didn't think about that." I sigh. I hate being put into awkward situations.

"Or maybe she did." Hanna finally speaks up. I was beginning to think she fell asleep.

"What are you talking about?" I furrow my eyebrows even though they can't see me.

"Alison probably just wanted to be alone with you in the house for the next two weeks with no interruptions from your dad." Hanna explains furthermore.

"That is crazy, Han. Aria, please tell her she is crazy for even thinking that." I get up off the bed and grab my keys from the dresser. Just because Alison is here doesn't mean I can't do what I want.

"I would but it actually kind of makes sense. I think Alison has a thing for you, not your dad." 

"Thank you, Aria." I can imagine Hanna is smiling right now because for once Aria had agreed with her on something.

"I don't believe it. She kisses my dad. If that doesn't scream hey-I-like-your-dad-not-you- then I don't know what does." 

"It's probably just a cover-up." Hanna yawns. "I have to go. I have to be up early in the morning and don't forget so do you two because of school. I love you." Hanna hangs up the phone and Aria sighs.

"Everything okay, Aria?" 

"Yeah, I'm fine. So if she's dating your dad, how old is she?" I can hear the confusion in Aria's voice.

"I have no idea. She looks like our age. That's why I assumed she was. But apparently not." 

"Well, you can always find out." Aria suggests.

"True but I really don't care to know. I got to go get some food from the brew. Do you want to meet up there?" 

"I would but my dad is making me stay home tonight." Aria sighs at this.

"Okay, well I'll see you at school tomorrow. Love you."

"Love you, too."

I hang up the phone before heading out of my bedroom. I walk downstairs quietly, hoping to not run into Alison. Last thing I need is for her to tell me it's too late to be going out on a school night. She's not my mother.

As soon as I get to the door, I hear Alison. Great.

"Where are you going?" Her voice is sweet like caramel. I hate it. I hate it because I love it. I turn around to see her eyes look up and away like she wasn't just checking me out. Good thing I wore my favorite jeans. Not that what she thinks matters to me.

"Um, to the brew to grab something to eat. I haven't eaten all day." I answer, slightly getting lost in her blue eyes.

"I know how to cook you know." She smiles at me. Damn, that smile and her cute dimples. 

"It's okay. I can just go get something. It's not a big deal." I shrug my shoulders, pretending that her standing in front of me doesn't have an effect on me.

"Please, I insist." How can I say no to her? She really needs to quit doing that. She could probably tell me to do anything and I'd do it. Which is so bad.