22

Emily's POV

As soon as I get to Ali's house, I run up to the door and knock. I just want to be in her arms right now. I want to know that everything is going to be okay. I need to know that it's all going to be okay.

Once the door opens to a shocked Alison, I wrap my arms around her and pull her close to me. Tears slide down my cheeks. I don't want to leave her. I can't leave her. Leaving her would be like leaving half of me in Rosewood. 

"What's wrong?" Alison's soothing voice fills my ears and I instantly break down even more. She pulls me away from her body and begins to wipe my tears away with her thumbs. "Em, come sit down." She grabs on to my hand and pulls me to the couch after shutting the door.

"My dad is moving to Texas." I cry out, still holding onto her hand. I don't want to let her go.

"What? Why?" She furrows her eyebrows at me.

"He said he wants to get away from all that has happened." I wipe my tears away. 

"If he moves to Texas..." Alison instantly frowns. "No!" Alison stands up and begins to pace the floor as I did earlier in front of my dad. "You can't move to Texas." Her hands run through her hair.

"I don't want to move." I whisper, looking down at my hands. "I don't want to leave you." A tear slides down my cheek. Alison sits down beside me and intertwines our hands together.

"You're about to be eighteen, Em. You don't have to go anywhere if you don't want to."

"My dad said I didn't have a choice." I respond. "I don't want him to hate me if I decide to stay here."

"He needs to respect your choice, Emily. He can't just move you to Texas if you don't want to." I rest my head on her shoulder and sigh.

"Can I crash here tonight?" I ask with a hopeful voice. "I don't want to go home right now."

"Of course. You can stay here as long as you need." She kisses the side of my head and leans back so I do the same. Her fingers dance along the side of my arm, giving me goosebumps and making me tired at the same time. 

***

Alison's POV

I can't believe Wayne just wants to up and move to Texas with Emily. He's not even considering Emily in any of this. He knows she doesn't want to move but yet, he doesn't care. That makes me so mad.

I'm not letting Emily move to Texas. She can live with me if she has to. I will do anything for her just so she can stay here in Rosewood where she belongs.

I look down to see Emily passed out with her head still on my shoulder. She cried herself to sleep. My heart broke just at the sight of her crying. I hate it when she is upset. She deserves to be happy every second of every day. 

"Em..." I hate to wake her up but this couch isn't as comfortable as my bed. I lightly shake her awake. Her eyes slowly open only for her to smile when she sees me. I almost melt at the sight of her. She's so perfect. "We can go lay down in my bed." 

Emily only nods her head and stands up, stretching her legs and arms. I hold back a smile when she grabs my hand and leads me to my bedroom. Once we are inside my room, Emily plops down on to my bed with a tired sigh.

"You can't be comfortable sleeping in those clothes," I tell her with a smile. "I have pajamas you can wear."

"Or I can just not wear any clothes." Emily suggests with a grin. I only roll my eyes at her flirting with me.