17

Hanna's POV

I knew Alison was going to do this to her. I know how girls like her can be! I warned Emily but she didn't listen to me. Then again, no one does. They just assumed I don't know what I'm talking about! But Hanna knows what Hanna means.

I hate seeing my best friend hurt over some girl that she barely even knows. I mean come on! How can she already love Alison? It's been like two months since she has known her!

Aria is probably going to be mad at me once they figure out I have Emily's phone. I didn't want to take it but I knew it had Alison's address on it. I'm surprised Emily didn't even notice I took hers. But then again, how could she with tears in her eyes!

Wait until I see Alison. She is so going to get it. Someone can break my heart for all care but if someone breaks my best friend's heart, they are dead freaking meat.

As soon as I pull up to my destination, I put the car in park and get out. I stomp up to the door and knock on it so hard that it hurt but I don't care. I am livid right now and Alison is about to see that.

Alison opens up the door before her facial expression turns into confusion.

"Hanna, what are you doi-." I cut Alison off before she can even finish.

"Save the crap, Alison. You broke my best friends heart. And if you think you can just get away with it without any consequences then you have another thing coming!" I give her the death glare. The kind that can send someone to the grave if looks could kill.

"You and her both have it all wrong." She shakes her head before trying to close the door. Trying is the key word. I slam my hand against it to keep it from closing. "Get your hand off my door." She snaps but it just infuriates me even more.

"What changed about you? God, you were this sweet girl when I first met you, now you're just a bitch."

"In case you have forgotten, she called it off, Hanna. Not me." She states.

"Yeah because you cheated on her with some blonde girl named Caroline!"

"I didn't cheat on Emily." Her expression softens. "I would never do that to her." A tear slides down Alison's cheek and for a moment I start to believe her. Just for a moment did I think that the possibility of Alison not cheating on Emily was right. But that moment went away.

"You know what, say whatever you want to make yourself feel better, Alison. But just know Emily is broken because of you. Why don't you just do yourself and her a favor and leave this town. And you sure as hell need to stay far away from Emily. You don't belong in this town so get out." I give her one last glare before walking away.

"I'm not going anywhere." Alison yells as I get to my car. "Once Emily realizes that I didn't cheat on her, I'll be right here because I love her. I don't care what you or anyone else thinks. All I care about is what Emily thinks." And with that Alison walks inside and closes the door.

Damn, I really wanted to have the last word.

**

Emily's POV

I have been waiting for Hanna to come back to the house with my phone. Aria offered to drive there but I told her to not worry about it. I don't want to go anywhere near Alison and plus it would have just put Aria and Hanna's relationship in a bad place. I don't want to be the reason for that.

"You don't think Hanna killed her, do you?" Aria asks with a worried expression on her face as she plays with her necklace.

"What? No. Hanna wouldn't do that." I reassure her.

"Are you sure? Because she looked pissed off when she left. I haven't seen her that mad since her dad left her and her mom for a new family."

"She's probably just taking a long drive to get here because she knows we are waiting on her." I'm pretty sure. Or maybe she did kill Alison...

"Sorry I took so long." Hanna comes through the door and sets my phone down on the table in front of the couch that me and Aria are sitting on. "I had to have time to think about everything on my way back." She sighs. 

"You can't just go driving up to someone's house whenever my heart gets broken, Hanna. I can handle myself." I tell her, being as nice as possible. I'm putting myself in her shoes and I realized that I probably would have done the same thing for her and Aria.

"Well, I'm glad I did." Hanna states, making me and Aria glance at each other. "Alison didn't cheat on you, Emily."

"What do you mean? I saw-"

"You saw wrong. Alison looked torn because you called it off. If she was just in it to break your heart, she would have been perfectly fine."

"It could have been acting." Aria suggests but she doesn't look so sure anymore.

"It's not just the way she looked when she opened that door. It's what she said before I left."

"What did she say?" I raise an eyebrow, curious as to what Alison said to Hanna to make her change her mind. Once Hanna has her mind set on something, it sticks. So it must have been pretty convincing.

"She said that she's not going anywhere because she loves you and I could tell she meant it, Em." Hanna gives me a sad look. My heart flutters at the thought of Alison saying this. But I can't just run back into her arms.

"I need to talk to her." I stand up from the couch and grab my keys.

"Right now?" Aria questions with an unsure look.

"Yes. I need to know what really happened. Hanna usually means what Hanna means." I look at Hanna who is smiling like an idiot. "And I trust your opinion." I give Hanna a thankful hug before pulling away. "I'll be back tonight."

"Or not." Hanna shrugs her shoulders.

"What?"

"You two might end up jumping each others bones for all I know." Hanna looks at me innocently and Aria just pushes her lightly. I roll my eyes at Hanna.

**

I have been sitting about a block away from Alison's for the past thirty minutes trying to think of what to say to her. The last thing I said to her was a little harsh and I feel bad. I shouldn't have said it but it was because I was hurt.

I just need to get it over with. The more I think about it, the more it makes me nervous.

Once I get to her house, I get out of the car and slowly walk toward it. I can do this. Just knock on the door and talk to her. Just do it.

I walk up to the door and just stand there staring at the door. Thinking about doing it. I imagine myself knocking on the door and Alison answering it but I just don't have the guts to do it.

I turn around and start to walk to my car.

"Emily?" Alison's voice comes from behind me, sending shivers down my spine.

Sorry it's a short chapter but I wanted to get in another one for you all! Thank you for the comments! I really do love reading them:) Let me know what you think!

Peace!