12

Alison's POV

"And who exactly is Paige?" I raise an eyebrow at Emily who is currently eating ice cream.

"She's a girl at my school. She asked if we could hang out and I told her yes." She shrugs her shoulders and continues to eat.

"Does she like you?" I glare at Emily. I don't want any girls around Emily that might have a crush on her. I will end them.

"What? No!" Emily looks slightly mad at me for asking. "She's just a girl who wants to hang out with me. Okay? It's not a big deal."

"You're right. It's not a big deal." I sigh. "I just don't like the idea of someone hitting on you when I'm not around."

"Alison, even if someone did, I would put them in their place because I like you." She grabs my hand to reassure me.

"Ready to go?" Our hands immediately pull away when we hear Wayne's voice coming down the stairs.

"I trust you, Em." Emily gives me a small smile. "I just don't trust any girls that hang out with you." She frowns.

"Yeah, I'm ready, dad." Emily puts her bowl in the sink and walks out of the kitchen without looking at me.

Great. She's upset with me. Which is something I didn't want to happen.

****

Emily's POV

As soon as we get to the beach, I run up to Hanna and Aria who are currently waiting with their parents.

Our parents wanted to get together for the day so we all decided to go to the beach since the weather is nice.

Aria hugs me and then Hanna does the same. They still haven't told their parents so they can't hold hands or anything.

But I don't blame them for not telling their parents yet. I haven't even told my dad I'm gay. I'm scared of what his reaction will be.

"Are you guys ready to have fun?" Hanna beams with a big smile on her face. She loves the beach more than me and Aria put together.

"You have no idea." Aria links our arms together as we head down to the beach. Luckily, our parents are bringing our beach towels down for us.

"So how are things with you and Alison?" Hanna asks.

"Good I guess. She overreacted a little bit when I told her about Paige wanting to hang out." I roll my eyes.

"I don't blame her." Hanna scoffs. "If a girl at our school wanted to hang out with my girl, I'd have to kill someone." Aria shakes her head at this with a smile.

"Well it's a good thing I like you and not some other girl." Aria grabs onto Hanna's hand but then lets it go in fear of what her parents will think.

"That's what I told Alison. She said she didn't trust other girls."

"I can see where she's coming from, Em." Hanna says lightly.

"Who's side are you on?" I shoot back.

"Hey, we are always on your side. You just have to look from Alison's view. Would you be completely okay with Alison hanging out with some girl that you know nothing about?" Aria shoots me a look that already says she knows the answer.

I sigh.

"No, I wouldn't but I wouldn't blow it out of proportion either."

"Well, enough of this. Let's go swimming!" Hanna pulls off her tank top and shorts, leaving her in just a black two-piece. Aria's mouth drops to the sand as her eyes look over her girlfriend's body.