On my Block

Your POV

I smiled carefully cleaning the guitar, I kissed it putting it back in its case as I hung it on the wall.

"Como te extraño mama," I sighed looking at the guitar hanging on the way. I never really knew my mother, She had left me in a church when I was young. I always felt that she couldn't take care of me and which is why she left me the guitar and I'd listen and watch her play for me. She always had the smoothest hand with red nail polish that suit her just right.

I looked around sighing, I finally had a home to call my own. Took years of hard work but I finally got it going, Thankfully to my day care business I started Once I turned 16. Here I am at 23 living on my own. I took a deep breath, Life was truly amazing.

I locked the door behind me making my way to Ruby's house, His mother called and had told me she's be running a little late. So I'd have to take care of the twins and Ruby. I stopped by the Twin's school picking them up.

"Y/N!" They yelled embracing me in hugs, I smiled giving them huge bear hugs.

"Hello my loves! Besos tornados para ti y ti," I said giving them multiple kisses, The giggled and I took their hands in mine making my way to their house.

"Y/N I'm thirsty," I grabbed a cold water bottle from my bag, I bent down opening it giving the twins water. Soon we were back on track going to their house, once we arrived I took out my spare key and got inside. I turned in the A/C putting it on low. It was 2:30pm which meant Ruby would be out soon. I cut fresh fruits and make sandwiches so that when Monse, Cesar, Jamal and Ruby got home they had a snack to munch on while Ruby's Mom was at the store.

Right as I finished the sandwiches the door opened revealing Ruby and his group of friends, His face lit up seeing me. Looking at all of them and how much they've grown, Monse was maturing into a young women, Ruby had gotten slightly taller, Cesar had on a black wife beater and some cargo shorts Deferring to what he usually wears. Jamal had grown in stature and in height and I smiled, They have truly come a long way.

"Y/N!" They said hugging me, I hugged them tightly giving them each kisses.

"Look at you Monse maturing into a young women," I commented she blushed smiling.

"I cut fresh fruits for you guys and I made some sandwiches... Ruby your mom is doing a Cosco run and she is running a little late," I said taking a sandwich, I sat down with the twins helping them on their homework.

"How was writing camp Monse?" I asked and she smiled at me looking up from her homework.

"It was great I really liked it," She said and I waved for her to come over. She got up from her seat sitting next to me, I dug through my purse pulling out a brown leather journal.

"Here consider it an early birthday Gift," I said handing it to her, She smiled seeing the Journal. It was brown leather with her Initials in the front. She smiled at me giving me a huge hug and I giggled hugging her back.

"Oh thank you thank you!" She repeated and I laughed as she went over to her group of friends showing off her new journal. That girl was talented and she was going to go places. I just know it.

•••

"Thank you so much Y/N," Mrs. Martinez said handing me cash. I smiled accepting it.