Jamal/Ruby

SKIP TO 23:06-24:04!

Your POV

I woke up to someone knocking on my window, I groaned looking at the time. It was about to be 12:00am. I got up walking up to my window and opened the blinds to see Jamal and I glared at him crossing my arms over my chest.

"Jamal it's almost One in the morning what are you doing?" I sighed, He was sweating dirty and panting. He had a shovel in his hand.

"Roller....World..." He stated and I sighed rolling my eyes. I opened my window and changed into something more comfortable and warm.

"You so owe me dude," I stated climbing out of my window, he helped me as I took the shovel from his hands.

"I know where the roller world money is buried," He stated as I followed him to the familiar route.

"You better or I'm going to kick you ass for getting me out of bed this early boy you know I need my sleep," I stated as I stuffed my phone in my pocket and swung the shovel over my shoulder.

"So you didn't go to the party?" He asked and I shook my head shrugging.

"No ruby was too busy trying to please Olivia. Everything was fine until she came along. But it's whatever I guess," I stated shrugging that's when Jamal stopped and positioned himself right in front of me.

"Oh My God! I've been so busy trying to help Cesar I didn't check in with you..." Jamal stayed and I smiled at him reassuringly.

"Jamal it's okay.. Besides who else is going to help you find the roller world money," I smirked and he smiled at me as we continued on our way. Turn out the map Jamal had drawn out led us right to the freeridge football field.

"Well let's get digging," I stated as I handed Jamal Althea shovel. I went over to the janitors been, I put in the code taking another shovel. I then started a hole of my own to cover more ground.

"Hey won't we get in Trouble!!" I yelled over my shoulder.

"No freeridge doesn't have any Cameras!" Jamal stated

"Oh Yeah," I said as I kept digging.

•••

"Jamal it's almost three! Came we stop! There is no roller world money!" I whined as we dug about our millionth hole. To be honest I stopped counting after fifteen. I pulled myself up from the whole, dirt was all over my face clothes and my hair was a complete mess.

"No! We can't give up! I know it's here!" Jamal stayed as he kept digging. I groaned letting myself fall on the grass.

"Y/N please you're the only one who actually believe me and believe in me.. Please?" He begged and I sighed yet again grabbing the shovel, jumping into the same whole He was in. I began to dig with him, when something caught my eye.

"Jamal wait," I stated as I put the shovel on the floor and began to dig with my hands. Jamal helped me dig out whatever caught my eye, when the dirt was out of the way we realized what it was. It was a duffle bag. I unzipped the bag and our mouths dropped as we both looked at each other and then back at the bag. We cheered hugging each other.

"Oh my God I can't believe you actually did it! You found the roller world money!" I stated looking at the 200K in the bag.

"No we found it! Come on before anyone sees!" He stated as he grabbed the duffle bag throwing it outside of the hole. He dug himself out and then helped me out.

We grabbed our bikes heading into the direction of his house. We were about to turn when I got a burning pain in my chest, it burned so bad I actually fell off my hole crashing into the floor.

"Y/N!Y/N! Are you okay?!" Jamal asked rushing over to me.

"I don't know I have this pain in my chest..I can't breathe." I stated and that's when two ambulances passed us full speed down the street. Jamal and I watched as they sped by turning the corner.

"Come on you can crash at my house," He stated helping me up.

••••

I was awaken to frantic pounding on the door, I rubbed the sleep from my eyes as I rose from Jamal's bed. I looked over at the air mattress and shook him.

"Jamal...Someone is at the door," I sleepily stated as I walked out of his room towards the door. The pounding only got louder with every second. Jamal groaned opening the door.

"Jamal who's at the door?" I asked pouring myself a glass of water. I walked up to the door and froze. Monse and Cesar were at the door, Monse was wearing a purple dress and Cesar was wearing a black tux with a purple tie. They looked like they had been crying and they looked completely exhausted with bags under their eyes.

"Why do you guys look like that?" Jamal asked monse's eyes were teary and Cesar's face went pale.

"Uh-There was an accident at Olivia's Quinceñera..Olivia and Ruby were shot and T-They didn't make it..." Cesar stated and the glass fell out of my hand shattering on the floor. I heard Jamal cry out as he cried.

"No..It's not true..Cesar tell me it's not true! TELL ME RUBY ISNT DEAD!! NO CESAR RUBY NO!" I wailed and Cesar just embraced me as my legs gave out.
(A/N:23:06-24:04)

•••••

1 year later

"Today I took my AP test... I think I did pretty good.. School has been better. To be honest I'm in a better spot now. Not a day goes by where I don't miss you.. I love you so much ruby.. I'll see you tomorrow," I said kissing Ruby's Tomb stone. I replaced the old flowers with new ones.

I sighed digging through my purse as I walked down the street. I bumped into someone nearly falling.

"Oh my God I am so sorry," I stated apologizing to the stranger. I looked up to be met with light brown eyes.

"Ruby?"

•••

DUN DUN DUN

Ps that novela is actually pretty good 😂

Anyways thank you for reading! Commenting!! Voting!!

I love you all 💕

~Crystal💕