Five

'Cotillion, our favourite time of the year

'Cotillion, our favourite time of the year. Big fancy dresses, dates and lots of scandal.'

Rhea walked into Cotillion dancing practice, she had allowed her mother to sort her out a date knowing she couldn't ask a boy herself, nobody had asked her making her feel slightly sad although she knew the reason was probably Carter.

"Cecelia? Hi its great to see you." Rhea spoke smiling at the older lady.

"Ah well if it isn't Rhea waldorf!" She replied smiling embracing her into a hug.

The girl pulled away looking around the room, "So my mother arranged my date, do you know who it is?"

Cecelia smiled, "Yes, Blair recommended someone for you, Carter Baizen? She told us you had history and that you would make the perfect couple!"

Rhea was now glaring at Blair who was sat with Chuck and Nate. "Yeah sorry Cece, I'm just going to talk to Blair if that's alright?" Cece nodded as Rhea walked to her younger sister.

"Hey R." Blair said smirking up.

"You told mom about Carter?" The girl said glaring down, "You scheming little bitch why wou-"

"She recognises that you have a crush on me and she thought she would help you ou-"

"Shut up Carter." Rhea glared as he walked over, he smiled at the raven haired girl.

"You look beautiful as ever." He complemented smirking at the girl, she rolled her eyes. "I think we should practice don't you? I mean we have the looks the family name and the chemistry but that will get us no where when people find out you cant dance."

Rhea glared at the boy, "I can dance Carter, your the one who stood all over me in the 5th grade disco."

He shook his head, "That was 5th grade what about last year at Lois' party when you broke my foot?"

"That was because I bumped into you and you fell off the stage!" She argued.

"Whilst you were dancing!" He replied in an exasperated tone.

"I want a relationship like them." Serena stated walking in sitting with her friends. "I mean there made for each other."

The pair glared at the blonde, "Don't make me be throw up." Rhea said to the younger girl, Carter smiled slightly shaking his head at Rheas behaviour.

"Come on you don't want to make a fool out of yourself if you don't know the steps." Carter spoke knowing exactly how to get the girl to practice. He knew peoples opinions on her mattered a lot, although she didn't mind when she was called names such as 'bitch' she would reply with something along the lines of, 'someone has to be a bitch its the way life works now move' The girl was good at asserting authority over people, scarily good.

The brunette reluctantly followed, he placed his arms on her waist moving them lower with a smirk only to be moved back up by Rhea, he only smiled at her action. "Could you not get your own date?" Rhea asked as they danced around the room.

The choreographer told them just to slow dance for now saying about how they needed to get used to each others bodies, he didn't know how well acquainted the teens were. "Girls don't want to cross you, 'queen bee' so no, no girl was willing to be my date." Carter hadn't actually asked anyone to go, he didn't want to attend but when Eleanor Waldorf offered, he saw it as an opportunity he couldn't refuse.

"Lucky them." She said with a small smile.

"And you? I mean you have always had a date yourself, even in the discos we used to do in 1st grade." He asked spinning the girl around. "Were you holding out for me Waldorf?"

She shrugged, "Maybe its the same situation with me, me and you have been all over gossip girl."

"Maybe it's because they don't want a control freak for- ouch!" Carter begun but was cut short when Rheas heel dig into his foot. "Stop doing that!"

"Stop being a bastard."

The pair had learnt the dance, Rhea had forced Carter to come over and rehearse multiple times in the week. She was meeting him to choose his suit, the girl wanted everything to be perfect, she had awaited this day since she was 7.

"Not that one." Rhea spoke as Carter was wearing a grey suit. He looked good, she thought but she didn't want him wearing that. She walked in closer to him and he shook his head.

"Why not?" He replied rolling his eyes, he knew about her needing this day to be perfect, and he knew she would blame him if it wasn't.

"It has to be black." The girl replied as though it was obvious, she then turned to a worker. "Get him a black one."

The worker scurried off, "why does it have to be black?" Carter wined, although he knew he reason, the girl ignored him looking around at the materials. "So do I get to come and see your dress fitted?"

She laughed, "You think I waited until last minute?"

He rolled his eyes, "Fine, what time should i pick you up?"

"In your limo, 7:30." The girl replied, as Carter begun taking his jacket off.

"Isn't that abit early?" He spoke.

"Better to be early than late." She answered, the girl was not being late for Cotillion there was no chance.

Carter arrived at the Waldorfs home at 4, "Mr Carter is here!" Darota shouted. He walked into the living room, seeing 5 dresses on a manikin and Rhea getting here hair done.

"I told you 7:30!" Rhea spoke glaring at him, he checked her out as she was in a short silk robe you could see her thigh.

"What are you doing here!" Eleanor asked walking in the room.

"Mom I'll handle this!" Blair said glaring at him, Eleanor shook her head walking back into the kitchen. "Leave."

He ignored he younger Waldorf looking to Rhea, "Which dress are you wearing? And why do you have 5?" Carter questioned.

"The pink one, I had to have spares incase I have gained weight or I decided I don't like it." She said he shook his head.

"Your not wearing that."

"Who are you to decide what she wears? She wants to be th-"

"B come on." Serena spoke pulling her towards the kitchen.

"Why can't I wear that? I have to be the centre of attention Carter." She replied.

He laughed slightly, "the dress is bigger then you."

"I've had it fitted."

"You won't even fit out the door, it will drowned you out. Also I don't want my date looking like a pink blob." He said, (the dress is in the media) she scowled at him annoyed by his comment.

"I'm wearing that dress." She responded, Carter picked up champagne and threw it on the dress.

The girls jaw dropped, "W-Carter!" She screamed angrily. "That dress costed £6458! I had it fitted and I can't believe you would do that you have rui-"

"Look Rhea you wouldn't have listened to me and you would have looked like a child. You want to show class and elegance wear the purple one." He said.

"You just want me to show off skin." She replied, it was true.

"Fine wear the gold one."

"I'll wear the red one, and your not forgiven."