Prologue

I looked around my surroundings and saw the horrified expression on my mother's face. Never in my life I had seen her looking worried for me. For the past 16 years of my life I have never seen her like this. You probably wonder why I didn't just say "my whole life" that's because I was never with them from the beginning. The Stark family adopted me at the age of three. My real mother had left me at their doorstep and they were obliged to adopt me.

  I was at the hospital after a horrific accident.

  "Honey! They are saying your leg won't be able to work again! There are minimum chances. I don't understand how we are going to bare with this! I can't look after you I have my business to run! Your sister is always running off to God knows where with God knows who! And your father! Your father is busy with his business. I just don't know how we'll manage!"

She practically yelled in my hospital room.

I, now realised that the worry was not for me. It was for herself. Her perfect family.

  She didn't care that my well planned career had just ended. It was my life. All of this was my life ending. Even more challenges were waiting to come for me. And right now she only cared about herself.

  "Wow what a great way to break the news, mom" my voice came out hoarse due to the lack of talking.

  Her brown eyes snapped towards me and she just sighed.

  She walked to my bed and sat next to me "I know what you are thinking" tears shimmered in her eyes. I almost felt bad about my attitude " I know I am being selfish. It's just that I am so stressed out, you know. Your father is busy with work and I am losing my mind over Ashley. And now this. I know you are strong. You'll figure something out. You are perfect do not let this down your confidence" I was getting irritated by her words. This situation wasn't a disaster at one of her fashion show that she can label as a simple disaster.

  This was a disaster for my whole life. The dreams I had built up were about to become a reality but it turned into ashes.

"Yeah Mom. I'll figure something out"

CAST

Chris Evans as Rhys Holt

Holland Roden as Avery Stark

Alexandra Diddaro as Nora Roberts

Dakota Fanning as Sarah Parker

Lilli Reinhart as Ashley Stark

Brit Robertson as Cassy Holt

Dylan o brien as Alex