The Bells

Rhys

The sunlight seeping through the curtains and fell directly and only on my face. I felt tired from all the fun and party from last night. All I remembered from yesterday night was the smell of alcohol, constant drinking, searching for Nora around to club so that I can take her to my place and-

My eyes shot up and I jolted up from my bed like someone had dumped a whole bucket of ice on top of me.

I heard someone shifting in the bed next to me. I immediately looked at my surroundings - multiple clothes from two people were scattered on the floor - like two animals had ripped them into shreds.

I found myself completely naked just a sheet covered me. I looked to my left and found another Stark naked body sleeping soundly next to me. I gritted my teeth when I remembered the events from last night.

When my parents had broken the new about me getting married to that cripple - it felt like I was trapped in a prison. The girl they had chose for me was Avery Stark. The woman who had one leg paralysed due to an accident I did not know nor cared about what had happened to her. The point is - my life is over.

There was one thing that I was calm about. I had the upper hand in the situation. I could easily control Avery Stark the way that I want and then get the awaiting spot of the next CEO of our company. And my "scandalous life" will remain that way and the best part was I will never let it go out to the tabloids.

I groaned when I realised what day it was. My wedding day. The day I kiss my complete freedom away for a year. Even though I'll be awarded a great spot of the next CEO after I get married. But still it all felt like a burden.

Now I knew what you are think. My parents are doing all of this so that I can stop running and messing around with every girl in New York. And I also know that even though I am supposed to stop - yet still I have this goddess like model - naked in my bed sleeping soundly. I also know it is my wedding day today.

I looked back at Nora. Nora Roberts - a Victoria Secret model that I have been dating for the past couple of months . Our relationship is strictly physical - no strings attached. And she liked it that way. But when mom and dad had made me agree to them, I tried to cut off ties between Nora and I. The marrige was not the only reason I wanted to cut off our relationship. But also Nora had started to become clingy and possessive. To the outside world - she and I were just friends but in reality - Well...

This feeling started to creep inside of me - the realisation of this mistake I had made last night . This will only rise her hopes.

The truth was that I didn't want to get settled. Not now not ever. But everybody on the both sides new this was just a business deal and my mother thought it would be nice if I had to be with someone for a year - who is beneath me.

I had to do something about this. She moved again in her place and stretched her arms and rubbed her eyes. She wrapped the sheets around her and I looked away.

I heard her sigh and put her hand on my bicep "Hey" she kept her words short.

I looked into her eyes and said "What ever happened last night - it was a mistake. I'm sorry if I raised you hopes" I looked out of the window and continued "I'm supposed to be getting ready for my wedding in a few hours and here I wake up naked next to you. It's not like I hated it. It's just that - "I looked back at her. Nora had her head hung low "We can't continue this for now. Maybe later but - I - we have to take a break"  she simply shook her head and furiously got up from the bed and walked to the bathroom, shutting the door loudly behind her.

I ran a hand through my hair out of frustration.

I heard the door open again and I wiped my head towards it and Nora came out of the bathroom. Fully dressed this time.