In This Love

I woke up in the middle of the night, sweat caked on my skin like blood. I felt my heart beating faster than ever. In the back of my mind, for the past two, three weeks it felt like I had forgotten something at Rhysand's house. But I couldn't put my finger on it.

But right now, it hit me.

My heart swelled in pain, upon realising how bad I needed that thing back.

Despite of everything being over, I still had my engagement ring on. I just couldn't get rid of it, I had an attachment to it. I knew that he needed it back too.

After all, everything was over.

I had left my brother's letters at his house.

I got out of the bed, striding towards Sarah's bedroom finding her on her laptop typing away. She looked up from the screen and said "What do you want?" In the gravest tone possible.

I rolled my eyes at her when I remembered why she was being an ass.

"Just because you lost in that stupid chess game doesn't mean that you have to be an ass you know?" I said as I walked towards her bed.

She took off her reading glasses and put them aside, pinching the bridge of her nose showing me clear signs that she was having a headache.

I walked towards her dresser and took some medicine out for her, I gave her a glass of water and I made her take the medicine.

"I need to ask for a favour" my breath came out as a wither.

"What's wrong?" She squinted her eyes at me.

"I left Ridge's letters at his place. All this time I felt like I was missing something. I woke up just now dreaming about it. I need to go right now before we leave in two three weeks" I said mentioning Canada.

"You want to go now?" She asked as she got up.

"Yeah" I nodded hoping that she would understand. She let out a sigh and said "Are you sure you can't go in the morning?" I looked at her with hope.

"You know I won't be able to rest not until I have them in my hands" my lips quivered as I started to walk out of the room thinking that she won't take me.

I heard her ruffle out of the bed and rush towards me, she took my hand in hers and chuckled as she said "How are we planning on getting them, Nancy Drew?" Making me laugh.

After a couple of minutes, we were just outside his house. The security let me in without asking me a question that I was grateful of.

"I have the keys to his front door. I'll just go in there and get them. He's not here anyways so it won't be a problem. Stay in the car" I said as I got out.

I could feel hot blood pumping in my ears, defening the steps that I was taking. The familiar darkness welcomed me when I entered, but this place was colder that before. It was never like this when I was here.

I came in the living room, my eyes drifted towards the glass windows that we sat next to, we even had a bunch of pillows lying there because two three times in a week we would stay there rather than just staying in our rooms.

Now that place felt empty, the pillows and fairy lights were still there but they weren't turned on so I wasn't enthralled than before.

Pushing away the inner pain I felt in the moment, knowing that I could never get it get now. I started to walk up to the ramp to my room....my old room.

I didn't hear anything in the house, I knew that he wasn't here so I just simply without any inner debate I let myself in.

The moment I opened the room, I found a sleeping figure on the bed. It was no man, I was certain. But a woman.