The Night

Rhys

I gripped onto the wheel as she just sighed trying to make things seem less awkward.

I forced myself not to be affected by her beauty.

Her red hair that resembled the paradise sunset were braided into a beautiful crown. She wore the deepest shade of blue, darker than tonight. Her crimson red lips that shaped into a cupid bow that awakened something inside of me.

What the hell is going on?

Why do I have to admire her when she's a life ruiner? I hadn't seen her for a couple of days because I was avoiding any interactions with her. Everytime we interacted. We fought. But there was a little bit guilt inside of me. The moment when my mother had called her a slut. The hurt that flashed in her eyes for a moment and all of it was gone. She had put a mask on. I shouldn't have felt guilty when she defended herself against my mother. I didn't know what to feel when she stood up against her surprisingly in a calm tone. I expected her to be disrespectful and snap at my mother like she does with me. But she didn't.

Could she be a good person at heart or was she just pretending?

"Really? God! I will kill him for this!" She exclaimed and I turned my head towards her. Who was she sending death threats? Avery had her phone next to her ear completely forgetting that I was there.

Even I had forgot that she was there when I was over thinking everything that was happening to me in this life.

"Don't worry. Maybe he's taking his time? Or maybe he's going to propose in Chicago?" She pinched her fingers while she had a frown on her face.

Propose? Chicago? Who?

"I know that Paris was our dream place to get proposed. But hey! Look at the bright side. At least you might marry the man you love. Right? Sarah?" She heaved a sigh when she didn't hear a response from the other line.

Sarah....her best friend. That girl who kept glaring at me as if she wanted to bury me alive on the wedding day. And the girl who had come on the dinner with the Stark family.

Paris is her dream place to get married. I didn't know what I could do with this piece of information but deep on the inside I felt a little shift in my heart.

Everybody has the right to marry the person they love. Or even fall in love. But her and I - we were both robbed from that right.

"Okay. You know what? If you don't want to answer me then that's fine! I'll hang up on you!" She warned her best friend on the other line. But I didn't dare look at her this time.

I heard her groan out of frustration and murmur "Men. Can't even take a hint! Damnit!" She dialed a number on her phone and held it to her ear. Once again she pinched the pad on her fingers.

"Just listen to me. Go to a corner . Don't let her see you!" She glanced towards me and her posture slumped when she realised that I was right next to her.

She cleared her throat and her voice wobbled "Why the hell didn't you propose to her? I mean that's why you took her to Paris right?" I realised that she was talking to the boyfriend "She wanted to get proposed there. Two years. Two fucking years and you still don't know her likes and dislikes!" She went silent as the person on the other line told her something. It was a surprise to hear her curse like it was nothing.

Her frown suddenly turned into excitement. She smiled cheek to cheek at they started to burn red. I was in a haze now. The happiness. The satisfaction married to her face as if it belonged there forever.

"Oh my God. You are the best! This is perfect! You really thought about this didn't you? Oh my God. I can't believe this! Have a great time proposing her. I - uh - I have to go now. I'm going to a party with - uh" I was the one who was frowning now. She couldn't say my name? But why? Did she hate me that much that she didn't even want to say my fucking name. It was just a name! For the love of-