Time

Two months later

"You know, I never thought I'd be saying this but I think I'm starting to like her" Alex said with a smile on his face, I chuckled at him.

Alex? Liking a woman before taking her to bed?

"I don't believe you" I said analysing my report that was sent from the HR department.

"She's really beautiful you know? I mean you already know that but the first time I met her it wasn't her beauty that had me lost at words but it was her intelligence" he ran a hand through his hair.

"You do realise that you are taking about my personal assistant? Felicity Jones who has a three year old son?" Alex rolled his eyes at my words.

"So what? It's not like she's in a relationship? She's divorced. Besides, I love kids" my eyebrows rose at his words.

"You like her so much that you are considering a future with her? What does Felicity say about this?" I got up from my seat and walked towards the bell to call her, I needed files from last month.

"I try to talk to her but she doesn't want to talk. At all." I heard him say from behind, I let out a sigh and turned towards him.

"That girl has been through enough, leave her alone" I said for the sake of her. Felicity has a dark past, as if she's escaping someone.

I ran a background check on her, just like I do on every employee and found out about her past abusive relationship.

Before Alex could say anything further, Felicity walked in with a bunch of files in her hands. And I looked at Alex to see his reaction and all I found was him in awe.

It was like he got starstruck.

"Here you go sir" Felicity said and waited for my instructions.

"I want you to go the the Avenue construction site and give these files to Mark Harrison, take Alex with you Felicity. He knows where his office is. Also, make an appointment with Mason Stark. And tell him to bring the Florets files with him" I said mentioning my father in law.

Alex whipped his head towards me and tried not to grin like an idiot.

Felicity on the other hand simply nodded and forced a smile on her face.

When she left, I said to Alex "Don't do anything stupid, she's clearly uncomfortable around you. Now go"

After a couple of hours of working, I finally gave myself rest. My hands messaged my aching forehead as I groaned with agony.

I looked out of the window and watched the city below me.

Ever since the break in at our house, and Avery's desicion. Things have been exactly the way she wanted them to be.

Just ignoring each other.

Even though she lived with me but she never let me feel her presence. In mornings, she prepares breakfast for us as I sort out my things. She goes to her university and I go to the office. When I come back, she is usually asleep or in her room studying. I eat the food she has made for me, alone. The times she is awake, she joins me. But we never talk.

And on the weekends, she goes out with her friends and I go out with mine. Sometimes, mine or her parents invite us over for dinners. No words crossed when we are in the car.

And in the night, I find her sitting by the French windows looking at the skies. She looked like she was lost in her own world, the moonlight illuminated her face, giving shadows on the perfect places. Making me scold at myself for how I was behaving. I should be revolted by her presence but I don't feel that resentment anymore. Though sometimes it lingers.