Chapter 2

Some people search the internet for any safe places we can go after we got all the doors barricaded. I drag my friends into an empty hall. "Guys I need to tell you something very important," I say nervously.

"What is it Kaindra?" Kaitlyn asks concerned.

"You guys won't believe me if I tell you I need to show you," I say. Slowly I open my hand, and all the elements are floating in the middle of my hand.

"Kai...Kaindra wha..what are y.y.you doing?" Jen asks.

"I am not just human, well not anymore. You remember the accident that happened last summer?" I ask starting my explanation.

They nod still staring "well when I got hit by the car I was dying and someone saved me, kind of they saved me too late so I dyed then I came back different. I came back a vampire with abilities." I start closing my hand, I change into a black wolf.

They jump back shocked, and quickly I change back. "I got powers I can shapeshift, turn invisible and teleport, and as you saw control the elements. I was supposed to get the ability's when I was sixteen. But with dying and coming back my body went into defence and harnessed them early, we don't know why I have them but I do and I can't change that. Now can you guys please say something please" I say desperately getting nervous again?

Before I can move they squeal and jump on me. "Oh my god, we knew something was different but couldn't figure out what. Oh my god, our friend is a witch" they exclaimed together.

Shoving them off me I shush them "you guys can't tell anyone okay please I don't know what their reactions would be. Especially with what is going on" I say sternly.

They nod vigorously and exited. Out of now, we're someone yells. Running back into the commons a boy jumps up. "What's going on? What happened?" I ask. Quickly walking over to the boy.

"I found a post about a base located not too far from here, a safe place for any survivors," he says, a hopeful gleam in his eyes.

The power goes out, many phone flashlights turn on as people look around. Dragging my friends back out into the hall I tell them "I need to check on my family, if you want me I can go and check on yours and take them to a safe place" they nod at a loss for words.

Walking into a class I nod to them they nod back speechless. Disappearing in a cloud of shadows I go home. With lamps and candles, my family is in the living room.

"Thank god for your safety" I exclaimed going down to hug them. "I'm sorry this is short but I need to take you to Jordan's," I say, they nod in understanding grabbing their already packed bags.

"Let's go," my sister says. Gathering in a circle shadows cover us as I take them to Jordan's.

"Kaindra, Caslatos thank god you guys are okay," Jordan says relieved. Dragging me into a bear hug.

"Jordan let me go," I say trying to push him away.

"No you got me so worried I am never letting go," he says hugging me harder.

"You are like a little girl man up," I say.

"No," he says resting his chin on my head.

"Jordan let her go," Bella says walking into the room.

"Why," he says pouting. Getting tired of this I disappear into shadow reappearing out of his grasp.

"You are no fun," he says crossing his arms.

Bella walks to stand beside him. "Sometimes I don't know why I love you," She says sighing.

"I don't know how you live with him," I say walking over to her open arms.