Chapter 17

The triplets rush over to Enya surrounding her with overjoyed smiles. She beams at them shyly from their attention. The triplet's gold hair is a stark contrast to Enya's black hair. But all alike the gold shows in their eyes the twins green and Enya's blue. Bella walks into the room seeing me with a new little person at my side hidden by the triplets. "Josh, Ever, Jaylin give the girl some space." Bella scolds moving to my side. "Long time no see, how have things been? Anything new with the mark?" Bella asks bringing me in for a hug.

Stepping back I keep a hand on her shoulder shaking my head. "No, the bite is still healing but is just a scab now. Nothing new, I found Enya here in the woods her family died from a zombie attack and I brought her here hoping you could teach her and watch over her for me." I say motioning to Enya talking with the triplets.

She nods understanding "of course I would love to watch over Enya Josh, Ever, and Jaylin would love to have a new friend, especially after what happened to Jordan." Bella looks down sadness coating her like a blanket.

I squeeze her shoulder gently "how are you holding up?" I ask.

She looks at me placing a hand over mine " I'll get through it don't worry about it." she says smiling I nod. She may be faking the smile but I know she will get through we all will.

Enya comes running up to my side tugging on my jacket "Kaindra can we stay here, please" she begs pouting with big eyes.

Kneeling to her level she looks at me intensely holding her breath. "That was the plan for you to stay but I can not I have somewhere to be, but don't worry I will come and visit. Bella here is a witch just like you so are Josh, Ever, and Jaylin over there Bella is going to help teach you. My family and my friend's family are here also so there are lots of people to talk to." I say leaning in I motion for her to do the same. "Also I need you to help Josh, Ever, and Jaylin to prank the adults can you do that for me," I whisper, and she nods her head rapidly happy with the task. "One more thing if by any chance you need to find me go to the military base Shilo and ask for me I should be there."

She nods giving me a quick hug before skipping over to the triplets grinning from ear to ear. They cheer when she nods her head dragging her off to who knows where. "This is a no e thing you are doing for her Kaindra," Bella says. I sigh standing to my full height.

"That's the point she nearly killed herself I found her just in time thank goodness for that. If I found her dead I don't know what I would have done." I say running a hand through my loose ponytail.

"Just like when you found the triplites with Jordan," she says. I smile at the memory of Jordan and I being with hunters going after a vampire group. They were taking witch children and experimenting with them. We ambushed the group and got the kids out the triplites had no family as the vampires killed them. They were only five at the time and have been with Bella and Jordan ever since.

Anyone who sees Bella with them knows she isn't their mother as they look nothing like her. Bella has red hair with gold highlights whereas the triples have blond not yet with the highlights. They also have green eyes and Bella has grey. But they still see her as a mother figure even though they know she is not.

"It was nice seeing you again," I say turning to her after some time in silence.

"Always is come by soon Enya still seems to cling to you so seeing you might help her." She says I nod waving one last time I disappear back to the clearing. Alone again I continue on my way going northeast I make begin making my way back to Shilo.

It's been another week the bite is now just a scar. I tried to hide it like I do the others but my ability can't seem to do anything to it. Luckily it is on my shoulder so my clothes hide it enough. Nothing happened the first few days after I left Bellas but on the fifth day, my sight started to get funky.

I began seeing red green blue all different colours in different shapes all around me. Not plant life or animals but they glowed like a light. The seventh day was the worst everything seemed to shine and the glows now moved.

I am running in the forest beside the road blocking one hundred times a second. When a fox runs across the road. Around the fox was a green glow. Stopping in my tracks I watch the fox as it disappears, the glow stays for a few seconds before adding away. I look around and watch birds fly with a different shade of green around them. Slowly I continue moving to keep my eyes out for more glowing lights.

I spotted more animals throughout the day each different animal had a different shade of green around them. Later in the day, I spotted a zombie they were also surrounded by a glow. This glow was a dark red with orange around them. I slow my pace and climbed a tree blowing my scent away from the zombie.

Getting comfortable I watch the zombie with fascination. The glow lives around the zombie constantly. The orange flows through the red like ink in water. The two colours follow the zombie's movements attached to it. When the zombie begins to go out of my sight the glow stays for a few extra seconds before fading.

I decided to stay in that tree and only eat what I had in my bag. Bella slipped some blood bags in my bag before I left so I happily drank half of one. I lay in my hammock staring at the sky thinking of my new revelation. What if when the zombie bit me since the quick zombie seems to have some vampire blood it changed me somehow? I am not fully a vampire since I am part caster so the bite could have more of an effect on me but not change me.

And this new sight could I control it? Does it go with every other creature a different colour? Could I use it to see what is around me without having to use my vampire sight as far? I don't know but I will try hopefully this could be a useful new trick.