Chapter 9

"I'm a vampire with elemental abilities," I say slower this time.

"Yay I heard you but that just sounds crazy. How can there be people like that without us knowing? How are you? I don't get it" Sam says slowly getting louder as she starts to freak out.

"Hey, hey, hey Sam calm down. I can show you if you want?" I ask her in a small voice standing up to sit beside her.

"That would be nice yay," she says taking a deep breath.

"Okay good now what do you want me to show you first my vampire part or the elements?"

"Vampire that seems much more unbelievable"

I nod my head and stand up to kneel in front of her. "Okay, Sam I'm going to need you to look at me and promise not to freak out."

"I promise I will try my best," she says giving me a small smile.

I nod again as she looks at my face. Slowly I let my eyes turn red as the veins around them begin to become more prominent, then I open my mouth with a smile as my fangs come out. Sams's eyes get wide and I quickly turn back. "Sam calms down remember to stay calm," I say standing up to comfort her.

"Did everybody else know?" Sam asks in a small voice.

"Yay they did but only after our school got overrun and I had to take care of it. Only the people in this room and my family know, no one else does for my safety and yours, please don't tell anyone."

Sam starts to freak out "I won't but how did you become a vampire? What are your powers? What is going on?"

"Hey, hey calm down I became a vampire last summer a week after the break started I got but by a drunk driver and a vampire heard and came to help I died and they gave me their blood my abilities came after."

"Can you show me them?" Sam says starting to get excited. I laugh but nod and stand up.

"Chose a number from 1 to 9," I say.

Bouncing in her seat Sam claps excitedly before speaking "1." Smiling I let a small ball of fire come out of my hand and split it to float around the room for a few seconds before putting it out.

"Now from 2 to 9."

She smiles even more as the others grin at her excitement "7."

I smirk at this and turn into a tiger Sams's favourite animal, I shift back chuckling at her face. "Next number, please."

she gasps before shooting out the next number "2 do 2."

We continue with this till we get through all the powers I have. By now it's almost 11:30 pm "okay I think that sums it up for tonight and-ooaahhh I think we should head to bed" Liam says yawning before standing up. "Night guys see yay in the morning."

We all wave goodnight as he leaves the room before quickly getting ready for bed. Soon we are all fast asleep.

"Hey Kaindra could you pass me that shovel over there please" my groupmate Jacob asked me. I nod and step over the vegetable rows to the garden supplies grabbing a shovel I go and give it to Josh. "Thanks" I smile down at him and continue down the rows collecting the vegetables from my fellow team members before dropping them off at the trucks.

Turning around at the sound of my name I see Kevin motioning behind  me "Kaindra could you lead that zombie away please." I nod before jogging off to the side of the zombie waving my arms to grab its attention.

Leading the zombie I lose it behind a fallen tree and loop around back to the farm we are stationed at. Stopping in my tracks I make a slow 360-degree turn scanning the trees around me. "Well, what do we have here everybody, a lonely human. Can you smell that boys there's more just past the tree line looks like we'll get a feast today?" A man says coming out of the trees. "And I can't wait." He takes a step towards me I don't move. "Why aren't you running that would make this much more fun little one."

I don't say a word as he gets closer. Fury shines in his eyes and he vamps towards me. Creating a wooden dagger I have it into his heart. Leaning forward I whisper into his ear "next time you assume something double check first." I pull out the dagger and turn to the rest "whose next."

Angry growls resonate through the trees as they vamp at me. Quickly dodging I jump into the trees. "Sorry boys but I don't have time to play" flicking my wrist the branches of the tree fly into each person's heart. Sighing I jump down from my perch and brush past the bodies lighting them on fire before blowing the ashes away in a wide birth.

"That took some time, have any trouble?" Kevin asks as I return to the truck.

"If you call not having a place to drop off the zombie then ya I had trouble," I say jokingly as I grab some bins from the ground. "Need any help getting these in there?"

"Always, we got quite the hall today might have some bins and bags on people's laps or by their feet but the more we have the better," He says grabbing a bin himself. "Now put those young arms to work so the old man doesn't have to do it all" I smile as I jump into the truck to drop off the bin.

"Didn't know I had my grandfather on the trip with us need a cane with that you seem to have an old man's limp," I say jokingly as he passes me his bin to put away.

"I never said I was that old now you're making me feel bad," he says passing me more bins, bags and crates with supplies. We both laugh working smoothly with the others.

"Hey Kevin should we start calling you grandpa now" another person yells walking over with more.

"You better not or ill have your hide before the zombies do," Kevin says mock seriously, as the other guy walks up.

"You would have to catch me first I'm a young adult and your our old group leader we could see who runs faster," he says challenging Kevin slightly.

"You might want to run Dylan," Kevin says. He doesn't need to be told twice as he takes off leaving his crate by my side. I laugh as Kevin runs after him to the gardens most likely to get more of the picked vegetables and herbs but having some fun.

Shaking my head I continue putting bins away. We are probably going to have some things on our laps and by our feet. We got a good hall.