Chapter 14

I left a week ago, Bella understood she left me a month's supply of blood, that girl is so sweet sometimes. The triplets were sad of course I told them I would stop by again on their birthday which left them happy. My family said they would watch over Bella for me, after losing Jordan she seemed broken Josh, Everly, and Jaylen should help her through.

I got the pain under control after two days gladly, I made the mistake of not going for a run before bed the day after I regretted that decision in the morning. With no set destination, I have been running around staying at least a week's drive from Shilo. I did shadow Brandon and Virden to score out any supplies. I may be a vampire but I like to have my stuff on me especially don't like to use my powers 24/7.

The site is slowly healing, I forgot how long it takes for humans to heal. It's just starting to scab over I am healing faster than a human but still, I am used to healing instantly. I had to cover it with a layer of ice with some air circulating to stop my shirt from rubbing.

Luckily where I am the trees around here are climbable or I might struggle to sleep somewhere. Sleeping in a hammock is far more comfortable than sleeping on snow or leaves or in another form since I don't do it often.

Waking up in the morning you would expect to hear sing songbirds or crickets since the sun is not up yet, I hear two zombies growling below. Crawling out of the hammock I quickly pack it up in my bag before jumping out of the tree 10 meters away beginning my running.

Looking at a map I swiped from a gas station I see that a small town should be coming up in two miles. That would explain my morning visitors. Vamping the rest of the way I reach the town in a few seconds. Dropping into a crouch at the edge of the town I begin scouting the edge. By the time I decide it's decently clear the sun is about halfway past the horizon.

Entering the main road I slowly move deeper into the town. Stopping in front of a house I peer into a window. Abandoned just like every other house. Continuing my search I spot a grocery store, smiling I make my way over happy for the chance of food. Making sure to check for zombies I determine the store clear. But to be safe I make two ice daggers before entering.

After a thorough check, I confirmed that the store is indeed clear. Making some fire I float them around the store and begin shopping. Walking down the aisle I swipe off any needed supplies. Dumping water from water bottles into the empty ones I walk to the food aisle. Huffing I leave the store with no food, everything was either expired or junk food that I don't need.

I continue my search around the town after leaving the grocery store. There are no sounds of both people or zombies it's completely deserted. I checked every house and every store before I decided to leave from the opposite side that I came in.

On my way out a sign catches my eye. I overlooked this store on m search for people or zombies. In a weapons store, normally I won't carry a weapon since I make them instead. but with being around people all the time having one or two would be the safer option. Checking the perimeter of the store I knock on the windows and peek through looking for any movement.

Spotting none I shadow in and check inside again for safety. Calling the all-clear I fire away for some light and shop. I pass over the guns they are pointless at killing zombies and loud. Spotting some daggers I check the case, four daggers lay three for throwing and one for fighting.

Breaking the glass I reach in pulling out one of the smaller throwing daggers. They are not only for throwing but are normally used in that manner due to their lightness and size. Testing the blade I brush my thumb over the edge and smirk in satisfaction as my skin splits easily before healing.

Nothing that I healed like normal I realize that it's inky the bite that is going slowly. Shaking my head I move on to the next two throwing blades, smiling as they all give off the same result. Checking the last blade I shriek with excitement grabbing their sheaths and attaching them to my belt.

They're not only useful but also have amazing designs. The normal dagger has a forest design with the bottom of the handle being a tree trunk with branches stretching up into the blade with leaves. The three smaller ones are black with waves engraved on the blade giving off the illusion of a dark sea.

Clapping at my find I continue in my search. Moving into the office light strikes my eye. Turning around I gasp in joy. Today is my lucky day, a short sword my favourite kind lay on the wall in beautiful dark steal. Reaching up I beam at its lightness giving it a few practice swings. Grabbing its sheath I too attach it to my belt.

More than satisfied with my find I shadow out of the store and finally leave the town. Now in a search for breakfast, I begin sniffing around for any edible food. I spend the next few hours gathering food for breakfast and lunch. Continuing my move throughout the day I soon come to a field of raspberry bushes. "Oh hell yay man" I yell running into the field. Picking some of the delicious fruit I rotate between eating it and putting it in some bags for later.

After having my fill I decide to spend the night here. Finding a stable tree I set up my hammock before scouting the perimeter. Luckily for me, there were only four zombies. Instead of leading them away, I tested out my new sword. Oh so very nice it sliced like butter threw their necks.

Before supper, I went out hunting and got four rabbits. I have a full meal of fruit vegetables and meat it is the best thing ever. All fresh and picked today. Before my run, I decide to make a bow with some arrows using my powers. I carved each phase of the moon cycle into the bow to make it customized, I also added my initials. Then I took out for my run before bed I turned in on a happy note after.