Chapter 51

I rushed in a fast run to get to Enya, anxiety coating my veins urging me to go faster. The time it takes to see Enya again feels like an eternity. My anxiety drops ten folds as I see her playing with the other kids without worry. Scanning the area none of the supernaturals apart from the group is insight.

Breathing deeply I plaster on a smile as I walk to the playground. Enya grins at me hopping off the Play structure. She grabs my hand a sigh that she is done playing for the day. Waving to the parents Enya and I take our leave. Halfway to the door, Enya pulls us to a stop. "Why did you take so long on the last lap?"

Worry runs up my spine, keeping my smile on I kneel to Enya's level. "I was talking with some people, nothing to worry about." Brushing a strand of hair over her ear she nods taking my hand again.

We drop our jackets off in our room before slowly making our way to the mass hall. "Kaindra what do you do when you leave?" Enya mumbles.

After a small pause, I answer "I go outside the fence to look for good areas of greens."

"Like when you found me?"

Her cheerful voice at the mention of our first encounter almost makes me laugh. "No, I was outside for a different reason."

She nods, the mass hall is just starting to fill up after we get our food. Enya chooses our normal table taking her seat in the middle. I begin to eat my food but stop when Enya doesn't go to eat. " What's on your mind little one?"

Her big shiny eyes tilt in my direction. "Why can't I come with you when you leave?"

Fully facing her I watch her face carefully. Her gold-flecked eyes are dim with sadness. Her body is slumped in her seat. Sighing my hand falls on her shoulder "listen little one I want you to come with me but you aren't allowed. I don't like leaving you well I am gone but you need permission from the base commander if you want to come with me."

Hope sparks in her eyes making them shimmer "I could come with you?"

Sadly I shake my head "no you need the training to be able to come with me."

She slumps again but bounces back quickly "what kind of training the training you do?"

I smile at her enthusiasm "the training I did to become a forager. You would need to pass three beginner seasons and two advanced to come with me."

I let her think for a second "so all I need to do is do some of the training seasons on plants?"

Shaking my head she looks at me funny "no zombie evasion classes, I can teach you about the plants but to come with me you need to pass the zombie evasion classes."

Her eyes light up "I want to come with you Clarice is nice but I am lonely when you're gone."

"Well how about tomorrow we talk to one of the trainers to set up a class you can join me in one of my recap medical classes today if you want to." She nods her head rapidly, chuckling as I tap her plate "then you better start eating." She rushes to pick up her fork taking a big helping of her salad in her mouth.

Chuckling I wave to Sam and Liam as they sit down. Enya eats her food at record speed bouncing in her seat as I eat my food slower.
Once I finish she grabs my arm pushing me to get out of my seat quicker. Saying a quick goodbye to the others Enya and I dispose of our plates before leaving.

The medical recap is as simple as the others but the classes are mandatory. Enya seems to be understanding quite a bit which is probably due to her family. Getting Enya to sleep after the class was a whole other feat in itself. She is jumping around on her bed.

"Huh little one you need to sleep or you'll be too tired for tomorrow." My words seem to have little effect as she keeps jumping around. Signing I grab her shoulders stopping her bouncing. "Little one let's practice a breathing exercise to calm you down okay."

She nods scouting back to give me a room on the bed. "This breathing exercise is not just good to calm you down but it also helps you focus your energy making it easier to do magic." I stop making sure she is focusing. Making myself comfortable crossing my legs I sit up straight across from Enya.

"Now sit or lay in a comfortable position and close your eyes. Take a deep breath in and focus on that breath. Slow your breathing and feel how each breath moves your body. If any thought comes to mind let it pass and refocus on your breath.

"Focus on how the breath makes each part of your body feel starting from the top of your head to your toes.  Allow your body to feel heavy and rested in the position you are in." Taking a calming breath I push my awareness to Enya feeling as she follows my words.

"Now focus around you and feel your aura your center of power. Let it flow around you and settle, picture the colour, how it feels, and let it flow in and out of your in calm waves." Sitting I let my power seep through every pore in my body allowing it to move freely in this room.

After a minute I open my eyes tapping Enya on the shoulder. Her eyes open slowly her excitement still evident but now under control. She yawns blocking it with her hand. Snickering I pat her head " Let's get you to sleep now little one."

She smiles laying down and jumping off the bed on soft feet I turn off the light. Enya's breathing settles out as she sleeps soundly. I stay up most of the night watching the doors of our contracted rooms. Half-past midnight I head to bed.

Enya is a big ball of energy in the morning jumping around me as we walk to her class. She hugs me tightly still bouncing on her feet "don't forget what you said yesterday." She warns pointing a finger up at me.

Chuckling I lower her hand "I won't little one I promise." She nods accepting my answer.

The day goes by quickly soon Enya and I are outside. "Can you teach me some of the zombie evasion you know?"

Nodding I lead her to an empty playground. The hour passes with snow flying everywhere as we run through it. Me pretending to be a zombie chasing her. Super rolls around soon after we dry off. Enya bounces in her seat nervously. I told her on our way here that if she wanted to take the lessons she had to ask the trainer.

Tapping her shoulder I point to an older man sitting at the table directly across from us. "That's the trainer Ken you can ask him when you feel ready."

Sam and Liam watch silently from the side. I told them when Enya was spacing out eating her food and why she was so out of it. Enya swallows her last bite before tapping my side. Sliding out of my seat I follow behind Enya.

Ken tilts his head as we approach waiting patiently. Enya looks at her shoes once she stops in front of Ken. "Ken sir when are you holding a zombie evasion class?"

Ken smiles facing Enya "no one has asked for that class so there are no upcoming classes." Enya's face drops sadly. Ken taps his chin focusing on Enya "but for a fellow witch I don't see why I can't host a few sessions."

Enya shoots her head up looking at him carefully. Her eyes widen once she sees his eyes. Blue with gold rings. She nods happily bouncing over and giving him a big shy hug. "How about tomorrow afternoon I have the day off so we can go for as long as you like." ken looks at me when I voice my thought.

He nods "Sounds good I am free all afternoon." Enya cheers quietly grabbing my hand and dragging me out of the mass hall.

Comment, vote, and share