●•38•●

"Where's Taehyung?"

Those were the first word that came out from Soeun's mouth when she went inside Namjoon's car. Her eyes were scanning the car, searching for Taehyung in worry.

Taehyung always went out from the car and took Soeun's bag for her but today he was nowhere to be seen.

"Darling, you should sit down first. We are going to be late!" Jin said motioning Soeun to hurry up. Soeun just nodded. She went to sit with Jimin. Jimin smiled and Soeun smiled back at him.

"Where's Taehyung?" She asked again since her question were not answered just now. The boys gave her knowing smirks. Soeun furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why are you guys smirking? I'm asking you guys a question?" Soeun sighed out as she rubbed her temples.

"Where's Taehyung?" Soeun asked again, worried expression was still displayed on her face. Namjoon chuckled at how worried Soeun was. It's normal, they are worried too.

"Taehyung is having a fever, he's staying at home." Namjoon answered.

"Is his fever that bad?" Soeun said with a soft voice, The longer Soeun know about Taehyung, she learned to care about him.

Very much.

Soeun sighed as she instantly felt a little sad and down. Taehyung doesn't talk much but his presence was calming.

Soeun felt empty and lonely, she blinked in confusion at herself.

What the hell is wrong with me? It's not like I never been alone right? This is just a small matter. I wasn't missing him but I really hope he's okay... I hope he's resting well, wait does he even eat well? Should I cook some porridge—

"Don't worry, he's fine. Taehyung is a strong guy." Yoongi said as he played with his phone. Soeun faked a cough and scoffed. She fold her hands together.

"I wasn't even thinking about him." She denied as she began to play with her phone. Yoongi chuckled making Soeun shot him a look.

"Oh, nothing, nothing." Yoongi shook his head with a smile. He scratched his head awkwardly. "I just- uh... happen to remember a joke that Jin hyung told me yesterday." He lied.

Soeun just nodded. What Yoongi said didn't convince her, but she just decided to shrug it off.

She sighed again.

Soeun leaned onto the window, "I guess I'm going to visit him later..."

•••

A day without Taehyung was shitty. People are throwing papers at her and purposely make her fell. Jimin got mad on who's bullying her, but it didn't work that much because they didn't fear Jimin like how they fear Taehyung. Taehyung was overprotective with Soeun.

Of course Soeun wasn't complaining. The fact that Jimin was there, trying to protect her was more than enough.

Jimin just kept on flirting with girls. But then again, what's new? Soeun already got used to it. Soeun looked at the empty seat beside her. Taehyung would always be there, staring at nothing blankly, watching her study or sleeping.

Soeun sighed as she went to recess, she didn't saw sign of Jimin anywhere. She was about to bring him, but Jimin didn't enter two classes. So she just headed to the cafeteria alone.

She managed to ignore all the burning stares and the whispers though.

Soeun sat down at her seat as she opened her lunchbox. She greeted her friends and she sighed as she shove an egg roll inside her mouth. She sighed again when the food tasted bland.