Myth

Braydon

"Vampires."  She repeated in a monotone voice.  "And why would you want to know?"

"Just curious."  I didn't want her to know we may have vampires on our lands.  Hell I didn't even know if vampires are even real or not.

"Well," she tilted her head, "They are nothing but folklore." 

"Folklore?"

"Yes, in all my teachings I have never come across vampire history.  They are just baseless rumors."

I pounded at her words.  So vampires are nothing but a myth?

Watching her, her face had contorted into fits of laughter, "If I told you humans are nothing but a myth would you believe me?"

I looked at her dumbfounded, "Vampires are as old as the ground we walk on.  They date back to the early first century."

"Why do you want to know?"  She asked curiously.

"You know curiosity killed the cat."  I leaned against her desk, my arms crossed.

The teacher scoffed, "Says the person who is curious about vampires besides I can assure you vampires are as real as you and me however," her voice grew quiet, "It is said a curse befell them and now they are sleeping in a catacomb.  If you want to know their whereabouts that, no one knows but hopefully they stay there."

"You know a lot about vampires."

"Of course other wise I wouldn't have graduated with honors attending Bembridge College.  I was the top best."  She smiled proudly, "But why the sudden interest in vampires?"

"Actually I was just curious or maybe I just wanted an excuse just to talk to you."  I gleamed.

"Is that why you have been down in the archives?"

"I hadn't known you were actually paying attention of my whereabouts."

"Mr. Travis I suggest you and Mr. Hunter Logan leave it alone.  Trust me it be better for the both of you."  She sighed ignoring my earlier comment. 

Her words had baffled me.  It's not in my nature however to take things sitting down but for now I may just have to.  Besides it could've been anything and we have no proof that vampires are the one reeking havoc after all vampires in these times haven't been seen for thousands of years.

"Very well, if there are no more to discuss," nodding her head and waving her hand, "You are dismiss drive home safely."

I wanted to stay longer but it was almost late.

Just as I was about to exit she spoke one last time without looking at me, "Oh and piece of advice Alpha," I winced at the name she just used.  Never in all her teachings has she called me alpha, "If you see red eyes, run."

Me run?  She must be joking.  I never run from a battle.  Still I had heed her words towards me, and what did she even mean. "Of course."

*****

This past week my favorite teacher has given me more attention then any of the other students.  But who am I to complain.  Certainly not me.

The more I had watch her from afar, the more I have notice a few things about her.  As in she is always tripping over her own two feet.  For a human she sure is accident prone.  You know how many times I have watch her collide into a door.

Funny thing is though when she wants to gain my attention she ends up throwing a chalk at me and never misses.  It's always either right between my eyes or the center of my head.