Promise

Braydon

I had forcefully dragged her back to the pack house by throwing her over my shoulders.  She was a fighter but she was no match for me.

"How dare you carry me like a sack of potatoes."  She scream while I had thrown her on the bed.

"Well you wouldn't come willingly."

"What happened to free will."  She huffed.

"Your home is not safe."

"Oh really I have been living there for a few years now I think it is safe thank you very much.  Rather I am not safe here.  The pack here are all giving me dirty eyes and I do not take kindly to that."

This is the part that had attracted me the most about her, her pride and ego but she knows when to hold her head up high or when to stay down.  For a human she sure knows how to carry herself.

"Well now this is your home."

"You can't make me stay here, I'm going home."

She attempted to by pass me but yet again I threw her on the bed, "Do not make me destroy your home."  I threatened.

"You wouldn't, that's my my home."

"You know me, I always keep my word."

Growing quiet at my threat she rolled her eyes.

"And do not roll your eyes at me."  I hated that the most.  

"Very well," she sighed in defeat, "please continue to tell me what you and these pack intend to do?"

"Well now that we know the time and date the Alpha's here have come to fight back."

 Abruptly standing up she gasped in shock, "No, no no no. I forbid you. Please you cannot take these monsters on." She became frantic.  

"Amy..."

"No!" She yelled interrupting me. "These monsters are dangerous and as you said it took four of you Alphas to even capture one.  You all of you, will not survive."

"Don't say that, we have some of the strongest Alpha's here."

"You don't understand, I as your teacher beg you please do not partake in this battle which will cause your demise all of you."  She was now on her knees pleading and crying.

"Amy please stand up."  I helped her up.  "This fight is inevitable.  If we do not stop them who will."

Closing her eyes, she growled, "Someone will just please be patient."

"Patients isn't what we are good at.  Trust me everything will be fine."

Her breathing relax as she was trying to calm her self down before opening her eyes yet again, "I...Braydon..."  She called to me.  "I just don't want to loose you, please.  Even if you are not mine I can't bare to see you loose your life."

"Do you have little faith in me."  I chuckled hoping to ease her anxiety.  

"You don't understand, these creatures will kill you without a second glance.  They'd laugh and spit on you at your decade body.  They have no feelings, no emotions, no remorse no heart."

"You sound like you know them."

"Maybe," her eyes seeming distant, "Maybe in another life none the less please Braydon, think about your mate, think about your pup."

Inhaling, "I am doing this for them, but more importantly I'm doing this for you."

"NO!  Not for me.  Don't you ever do it for me.  I don't deserved this.  Please don't make me beg."

It was heart breaking to see her in this state.  Not once have I see her so broken.  She was always strong always calm cool and collected.  But seeing her, she was more frightened about my life rather than her own.

Soon my eyes had darkened, "Amy, this war must come to an end.  But We will return, I will return to you."

"Seff."  She whispered, a lone tear escaping her eyes, "Please don't do this, please don't leave me alone.  I love you."  She confessed, "I have always love you, the both of you."

My head now leaning against hers, "And I love you, I think I have always loved you."  It was clear as day the last person who I think about is her, Amy and the first person on my mind is again Amy.  I am in love with her mate or not.  

Placing a chaste kiss on her forehead, I left her to her thoughts.

Though I didn't want to let her go especially in that state we had a lot of work to do.  The training for one.  

From tools to weapons, to tricks we will learn them all.

Each Alpha with their own set of skills teaching our warriors.

Every once in a while I made sure teacher Amy was still in her room. Yes I had locked her up once again.  I couldn't take the chance on disappearing on me again.  

So instead I would bring her lunch and we eat.  We didn't say much.  She was probably still downhearted from our last conversation to say anything.  And I don't blame her.

But there are other times where I caught her in deep thought like she was thinking of something.

That something however didn't settle in my stomach.  It didn't feel right.  The more she was silent the more scared I was.  Sure she had greeted me with an occasional hello's and how are you but that is how far it goes.

My guess is she is still angry though she hasn't kicked me out of the room, rather she let me enjoy her company.

As for Rachel I had made excuses as to why I wasn't with her all day or why I haven't gone to the doctors for her appointment.

At first Seff was a bit over protective of her pup but the more it grows the less I don't feel a connection.  

I admit I am a bit sad, I was looking forward for a pup of my own but happy that pup isn't mine.  I could feel it and so could Seff.  I just didn't have the heart to tell Rachel.

It's probably why I am pulling away from her.  Right now all my attention is going to Amy.

Sometimes I would just watch her sitting on her bed from morning till night in that same position.

I began to worry.

"Amy." I went down on one knee, "Look at me."  Her face remain stoic.  With my index finger and thumb I grabbed her chin so that I may look into her eyes.  I regret it now because I could feel a swirl of emotions.  Mostly sadness, "Please say something."

"If I say something would you stay?"

"I will stay here with you as long as I can."

"This is suicide.  What you are doing are suicide.  Do you all have a death wish?"

"Why are you so hell bent on stopping us?"  I was now yelling.  I didn't mean to yell at her but if we don't stop them who would.

"If we don't stop them, they will only end lives as we know it."

"Please listen to me Braydon someone will come to stop them."

"Why do you sound so sure."

"Because call it instinct a gut feeling but someone will come so please just wait a little longer."

Smiling, I pulled her closer to me, taking her hand in mine, then slowly placing a gold silver band on her ring finger.  This had surprised her.

"What is this?"

"This, my lovely lady is a promise right.  A promise of tonight that I will return to you.  And that you will wait for my return.  And once I am back, once the war is over I will take you as mine, claim you and mark you."

She gave me a small heart breaking smile, "Promises are made to be broken."  She gazed at the ring longingly.

"But this promise I intend to keep."  Helping her in to bed, I covered her with the blanket, "Now sleep."  I watch her eyes fluttered before they fully shut while I had given her a lingering kiss on her forehead, "I love you and if I do not make it, I promise to love you in the next life always and forever."  I whispered silently.