I'm Sorry

Amy

Sitting on my knees on his bed I stared at him.  Don't know if I should be angry or happy but here we are fully clothes just full on staring.

"Braydon, I told you we couldn't."

He smiled cheekily, "You tastes good." Licking his lips he looked at me like he wanted more.

I can't believe this boy, he really is a wolf.

Before I could reprimand him his door slammed opened with a crying Rachel, I watch as she stormed up to Braydon, pounding on his chest, "How could you?  You know how much that hurt."  She teared making me feel sorry for her.

Her anger shifted to me as I stand against the wall, my head had whipped to the side.  She slapped me.

"Rachel!"  Braydon yelled holding her arm pushing her away from me while inspecting my face.  

"Do you not feel sorry for me?  At least feel sorry for your pup that I'm carrying."  She was full on crying and the look on Braydon's face was full of regret and remorse.  I could see it in his eyes after all she is still his mate.

I watch her crumple to the floor broken and defeated.  She wailed and sobbed making me ever regret my actions.

The mate bond is still here, not yet broken so I could sense he wanted to comfort her.

"Go, comfort her."  I lightly shoved him.

He was conflicted and I wanted to end that confusion, "She is your mate Mr. Travis and she always will be."

Not turning away from Rachel, I watched him slowly made his way to her embracing her and soothing her with soft words, "I'm sorry."

I know it was I who had told him to go to her but this broke my heart.  Literally I could feel my self shattering into thousands of pieces.  Seeing them two.  I know when to give up and seeing Rachel she truly does love him.

Braydon looked back at me in pity while I shook my head and smiled, this will be the last time I get to be with him.  I understand now this is his choice, his decision.  I guess we were never meant to be.  Probably in another life time but I needed to let him go.  I had my chance, I had my fill and for a split second he was mine.

"I'm sorry."  He silently mouthed to me.

Without another word I left them two while I gather whatever pride and dignity I had left.

Deciding what to do, I'll just go home to my bed, my home and I'll just come back tomorrow.

Braydon

Seeing Rachel broken made me wanting to comfort her.  I didn't know that mate bond was still strong as ever.

After I just watch teacher Amy leave I made no attempt to stop her and she knew I had made my choice.  After all Rachel is my mate.  She is my other half.  Now a part of me hopes that this pup she is carrying is mine.

Rachel and I laid on the bed silently while I wiped her tears hushing her, "Shh...I'm here and I'm sorry everything will be alright."

She looked up at me with teared stained face, "I love you.  Please mark me."  

Am I ready to mark her?  What if she's not carrying my pup.  "Rachel I am choosing you but let's wait until the pup is born."  I soothingly said.  Thankfully she understood and went no further.

And soon we found ourselves both asleep.

There are fast but I'm much faster. I'll be damn if they catch me.