Ruby Red

Braydon

"I'm bored."  Rachel leaned against my back while I sat in my chair with my books laid out in front of me.

As much as I would like to fulfill her urges I couldn't well not right now.  "How about we do a little physical fun." She purred.

Unfortunately, I had to work on my history presentation.  "Tempting but I have a  history paper to work on."  I pulled her on my lap.

"Can't that wait?"

"I wish I could but I must get this done."

Her lips pouted into a frown, "But Braydon, please."

My thumb running down her bottom lips, "You my little mate are a seductress aren't you.  But later, we will play."

Pouting my eyes followed her as she sat on my bed just watching me.

It was late at night when I decided to finally pop open a book.  The book Dawn of a New Age.

What's so special about this book anyway.

Flipping to the page I left on right after the photo of the two couple was more like a diary rather than information about how our home time got its name.

Now that I look at it more closely, this was a rather old book that the pages was worn out and some of the edges were singed.

As my fingers held the book, it tapped the emblem making it sound hollow.

Closing the book, I traced the emblem with my fingers, my eyes focusing on the ruby itself.  This looks real, the ruby itself.  Like it was a real gem.

A loud snore was heard making me drop my book.  My attention turned over to a now sleeping Rachel.  Even her snores were cute.

Covering her up with a blanket I went back to my desk trying to concentrate on my task.  

When I notice the ruby had shifted a bit in it's place.  Must've been from the impact when I had dropped the book.

As I was placing it back, my eyes notice that the ruby had a center making me gawk in awe.

I can always glue the ruby back if the librarian ask.

Slowly prying the ruby of so not to damage the rest of the emblem let alone the book, with a plop the ruby was now in the palms of my hand and whatever was inside the ruby shook.

Shaking the ruby, the item shook back and force causing a small tapping noise.

The ruby was in deed hollow.  Slowly and very carefully I had pry once again the ruby itself without crushing it in the process.   With my strength I had to make sure it was still in tack.

Finally the ruby had opened and out fell a ring.  In was an old yet beautiful ring with a ruby, pure gold trimmed around in.  My eyes widen as foreign words were inscribe on the inside of that ring.  What ever it means I'm sure they are beautiful words.

Flipping back to the photo my eyes caught sight on the woman's hand whose hand was wrapped around the man itself revealing the same ring she wore now in my hand.

I don't know why but I feel sadden at this very moment.

Placing the ruby back, I held the ring in my hands.

They won't know I had taken the ring out.  Hell I don't think they even knew about the ring being inside the ruby stone.

Finding a chain I place the ring around my neck, for some strange reason it felt wrong for me to part with it so I'll just keep it with me.

Soon I found myself drifting off to sleep with Rachel in my arms.

*****

"Oh my."  She was beautiful, her smile, her laughter, everything about her was just beautiful and she was all mine.

"Look what I found,"  He watch her frolic in the meadows picking up a tulip among all the other weeds.  Only her would find something so amazing in a stack full of unsightly sight.

"That is beautiful."  Grabbing her in his arms pecking her forehead, "But there is something more beautiful in this world."

"Oh really."  She cocked her eye brows at me.

"Yes and I am looking at her."  His finger grazed lightly against her soft skin.  "I love you so much.  You know that right?"

"I do know."

"Oh my love, you have no idea what I would do for you."

"Please tell me."  She gave out an infectious giggle.

Kissing the side of her lips, "I will love you to the moon and back not even death can part with us."

"Death."  Her face saddened.

"What is wrong my love."

Shaking her head no, "It's nothing."

He knew that look all too well.  "Even if death were to separate us, in my next life I will love you always."

"But what if you find someone else."

"Nonsense my love.  In my next life I don't care how long it will take, even if it takes a thousand years, even if I am a thousand miles away, I will always find you.  You are mine and mine alone."

She blushed at my words, "I love you so very much too."

"Just promise me one thing my love."

"Okay, anything what is it."

"That even in our next life should I not remember you, you promise you won't give up on me.  Promise me you will love me.  Promise me."

"Always."  He was happy that words couldn't describe how he felt right now.  Taking that moment to pull out a ring and saw the expression on her face when she smiled brightly.

"And to prove that I love you, take this ring as my symbol of my love for you.  Never part with it because it will guide me home."  She gaped her mouth hanging open, her eyes beginning to tear.

"I don't know what to say."

"Say yes, and I am forever yours and you forever mine."

"Yes, oh my yes."

Picking her up in delight he had twirled her around, both of them laughing.

Setting her back down he gently took her hand and place the ring on her ring finger then kissing the back of her hand, "And we shall never part."

As the moment had come and gone, it was replace with a dreary place as blood coated her white dress she was wearing.  

Her eyes widen seeing her very own heart in the palm of his hands.

"What are you doing?"

He chuckled.  "What I should've done along time ago."  With one little squeeze, he squeezed her heart causing it to crumble in his hands.

She screamed in pain, her hair become white as snow, all the while screaming, "Why."  Her tears, nothing but blood of which trickled down her face.

How could he do this to me?  She thought.  In one swift movement, she was by his side, his eyes void of all emotions all the while laughter, evil laughter could be heard throughout the night.

"Don't you see how easy it was."  Another voice appeared behind the trees.  "Oh my dear, you didn't think your happy ever after was forever now did you."

She watch the love of her life tending to the other woman's side.

This angered her.  Raged had build up, in a speed of light she knocked the woman out of the way before plunging her own hand through the darkest part of his soul.