Army

Braydon

Limping home, I ignored everyone's gawking stares.  I admit I wasn't at my best moment.

"Son, what happened?"  My father entered the room taking a long look at me.

Shifting, I didn't care I was completely naked, all eyes where on me, male and female.  "Clothes."

My father nodded and waited till I put something on and came back down stairs.

Tiredly I fell on the couch, "Braydon Travis."  A voice had shook me to my core.  "Were you with her?"  She yelled now standing in front of my face.

"Rachel now is not the time?"  My father boomed causing her to shiver.

"No, look at my face."  Glancing at her, the whole pack did and notice she had a busted lip.  Probably from the moment I had kissed Amy.

"Rachel...not now."  I roared.  I was in no mood to entertain her.

"Braydon, what the hell happened to you?"  Tucker sat at my side followed by May another warrior of mine.

"Vampires?"  I whispered causing the entire room to an awkward silence.

"Vampires?"  Manny my father repeated.  "You saw a vampire, where?"

"I saw two in fact, a female and a male. They look like any other human and if it weren't for those red beady eyes, fangs, and nails I'd say they could pass as one other then their stench.  It was the smell of death."

Recalling the two very dead vampires, I wanted to take them back but once the sun had hit them, they had turned to dust.  So I guess what ever was showed on television is somewhat true.  They are weak to sun light.

"Call a meeting and get Alpha Hunter's pack.  We have matters to discuss."  I wasn't going to let this stand down.  They too have to know what they are facing.

Watching everyone disperse my father stood beside me, "I'm glad you are okay son.  So these vampires are able to be taken down."

Looking up at him tirelessly, "Hardly.  I had a hard time with even one.  Thankfully I had help."

"From who.  Was it from this pack or..."

"Neither.  But she was able to take one of those monsters down, if it weren't for her I'd probably wouldn't be here right now."

My father looked shock, "Oh and father, these vampires are stronger than I have ever face before."

*****

Everyone sat down in a room made for five hundred wolves but with only two packs here we only took not even half the room.

"Alpha Hunter, Luna Taylor."  I greeted as Luna Taylor glow brightly, "Congratulations."  She was pregnant and I am happy for her but scared at the same time with vampires roaming these lands.

"Alpha Braydon. Thank you."  Luna Taylor smiled standing along side her mate.

"How far along are you?"  I inquired.

"Three months."  Alpha Hunter answered, "Also congrats to you too."  His gazed shifted to Rachel who stood by my side proudly.

I wish I could wipe that smirk off her face and tell Hunter here the truth.  I should've listened to him and rejected her in the first place.

"Shall we begin."  My father interrupted.

"Vampires are here..." I began telling them my encounter with those creatures.  Their features so they know what to look for. 

"The reek of death."

"So you have face one?"  Hunter asked.

"Sadly yes and they are as strong as you say they are."

"I'm glad you are safe."

"I think we should gather the nearby packs.  If they are as strong as they are, we don't know how many we have to face and if they are growing in numbers."  My father added.

"I think they are creating an army."  Our attention turned towards Chris Baker, Alpha Hunter's Beta.

"Why do yo say that?"

"There are speculations down in the human town, some of them have gone missing for months now and haven't been seen since."

I hadn't heard of that but if they are truly creating any army, why are they showing up now?  What is their main purpose?

The room began talking among themselves scared for their love ones.

"Do not worry, we will call the adjoining packs and we shall take it up to every Alpha's we come across.  Starting from today all men are to be at their training areas as well as woman if you wish to partake in a battle we may have to face.  All the rest will be protected by our underground cellar."  Turning to Hunter, he agreed with me.

"Warriors are to continue to patrol the surrounding areas."  Alpha Hunter spoke.  "As for the children, they are to stay indoors.  School will continue however it will be held at the pack house.  The teachers will be the one to come to you."

Though I too agreed with his statement, we couldn't afford for the pups to be walking to school when vampires are lurking.  If they can come out during daylight, they used any means to shield themselves from the sun.

My thoughts went to teacher Amy.  She is the only human teacher at our school who doesn't have a wolf for a mate making her pack less but that would also mean she has to come to the pack house full of un-mated males.

"Beta Chris, you and Beta Tucker will contact the nearby packs and rely what has been going on.  I am sure they too are facing the same problem."  Alpha Hunter ordered.

"In the mean we will be finding some answers that we could use against them on these so called vampires.  We have to find their weakness at all cost.  Sadly I was not able to bring one home due to the sun disintegrating them.  But we know that the sun is one of their weakness."  I added.

After the meeting everyone had prepared themselves.  Some went to train, others stored on food while the pups went back to their video games.  I wish they would take this seriously but I guess this is better then them running around in a state of panic. 

We don't need that right now.

"Braydon, we need to talk."  I was stop by Rachel while heading towards my room. 

"About what?"  My stare never leaving that bruise of hers.  I do feel somewhat guilty but it was replaced by the image of Amy's lips on mine.

"About us."

"There is no us."  I clarified.

"I am your mate or have you forgotten and carrying your pup."

"You threw away the mate bond away when you decided to fuck my third in command."

"Can you blame me, you kissed Amy before so why couldn't I?"

Is this some kind of revenge.  At the time I was caught in the moment but I never once slept with her.  "Are you fucking shitting me.  Rachel, when that pup is born and it is not mine I will gladly reject you.  I for one am grateful I haven't mated you."  I said coldly leaving her dumbfounded.

Finally reaching my bed, I laid comfortable, my arms placed behind my head.  I had too many things on my mind.  Vampires, the white wolf, the dream, Amy.  Everything started when vampires had made their selves known.

Everything started with them and everything will end with them. 

If this war proceeds, if they are truly creating an army, we don't even stand a chance.  We can't produce like they do and we can't fight like they do.

Maybe if we can just stall, if we come face to face, just stall out in the open until daylight.  Perhaps we can kill them all at one time.

My eyes were getting heavy and soon I had found myself in a deep slumber.