Family Reunion

Amy

It's funny when life doesn't go the way you do.  You plan things, and plan things, you have hope for the future, get a career, fall in love, have a family and grow old together.

I guess accomplishing two out of the four is semi okay.  What the hell am I talking about, I wanted to do those last two.  

Unfortunately I could never get pass stages one and two. 

I wanted to wait but those stupid Alpha had to go rambo on them.  Really, for a couple of years we had peace.  No rogues, not hunters and especially no vampires.  I was able to protect these lands and I thought I had a few years to do so.

It is true, I have been hunting since I got back home and let me tell you I had miss this place.  It was the memories I had miss and when I found him, I knew I got my second chance.

Truly I am happy for the most part until these things decided it was time to make themselves known.

Standing here in front of a man, well once was a man was thee vampire, my father.  So not like in the movies.  

So not like in the movies he was portrayed.  The one in the movies were more of a stereotype if you ask me. And no they do not die by a stake through the heart and garlic's are not their weakness.

And I am ashamed to be part of this family.  Not once had I remembered in my child hood days of parents who stood by my side or kiss me when I got hurt.

No, they threw me away just because I was different.  Just because I didn't abide by their rules.  Vampires and their rules.

Remembering when I was born, my mother tried to kill me.  How I manage to survive that is beyond me.  Up till now I don't know how I manage to elude death.  It's probably because death is too good for me and I am being punished somehow. 

Quiet, silent shocks couldn't be heard. It was like all sound no longer existed. "Amerie?" From my peripheral vision I could see Braydon's shock face as the rest of the packs.  

Okay so it was my fault for not saying anything but I was trying to protect them.  Trying to do what is right and trying to not be judge for what I am, a hybrid.  That's what I have been known all my life.  A half-breed.  Wolves were disgusted of me, humans were scared of me and vampires they wanted me dead.  Even I wasn't like them, I wasn't one of them.

My mother she was a werewolf and my father well he was already a vampire when he impregnated my mother.  You are either a vampire, a werewolf or a human never both. The fact that I was practically all three I was shunned. It was unheard of that vampires can have babies because they are already dead.  Their insides are dead.  They are just like zombies but only with a mind that works.  So  how is it possible that I was ever conceived.

And the fact that I was born, something went terribly wrong.  I was the very first to be born.

"Hello father." I smirked. "It's been a while." I looked pass him to see Dalia taunting me silently.  Oh how I would like to slap her.

"Amerie my lovely sister, won't you give me a hug."

I glared at her, ignoring her, she didn't deserve to talk to me after what she had put me through, after what she had did,  "All this and for what?"

"What do you think sweet heart, after all you hid from us and..." my father paused, "Isn't it ironic though, you are here in the very place where you were crucial hanged and burned only to visit where you were once buried."  He laughed.

I could feel cold stares from behind, possibly from Braydon himself.  

When I had given my students an assignment to do regarding the White Oak Tree, I was hoping at least one would get it right.  Unfortunately I don't think they grasps what had truly happened.  After all in their books I was deemed to be a monster, a demon without a heart and just kills for the sake of killing.