Chapter 3: A Challenge

As I walked into the room where meetings were held and discussed, I felt a pit form in my stomach. Remembering when Beta Helmut had told me my father was found dead in this very place. I looked around at the people in the room. Beta Helmut stood at the head of the table with a few other men carrying dominant postures and guards standing around. Trisha stayed by my side as I approached the table.

"Beta Helmut," I said casually.

I stood beside Beta Helmut while Trisha hung back a little. I noticed there were other Alphas at the table giving her nasty looks. They know she's an Omega and their packs were not so kind to Omegas. I returned the nasty look right back at them. Sensing it made them slightly uncomfortable.

"Lady Zara, you can refer to me as Alpha now," he said delightedly.

My blood began to boil at his words. I could feel the heat of anger flowing through me like lava. I gave him a hard stare and his delighted look quickly fell. He was quick to mask any emotions.

"You are not my Alpha. You are my Beta," I kept my voice even no matter how hard it was to try and not spit the words out.

His light green eyes would not leave mine, meaning he was not going to stand down. He was playing a dangerous game if he thought I would ever bow down to him.

"I am your Luna, you have no right to be Alpha. You have no blood connection to be Alpha," I spat.

He wanted to challenge me, then I would give him one. Movement caught the side of my eye as two Alphas got up from their chairs.

"I would suggest you two sit back down and stay out of our inner pack conflict," I growled at them, not breaking eye contact with Helmut.

The two Alphas seemed to freeze. After a minute, one sat down deciding it was best to stay out of it. I noticed the guards had moved closer a bit, sensing the tension was high. They kept a serious composure, never letting an ounce of emotion seep through their masks.

The other Alpha sat back down but decided to say something. "With all due respect, Lady Zara. He is the male, which makes sense for him to lead because he is stronger," his Spanish accent thick.

"I have no patience for gender roles," I growled. "I have the right to lead this pack and he does not. If you, my BETA," I emphasized, "do not back down. I will challenge you."

I stared into his eyes hard. Trying to bore into his soul. He shifted uncomfortably and finally broke eye contact. Glancing from me to the other men several times. I won. He knew I was right.

"Challenge accepted," Helmut said flatly.

I could feel Trisha stiffen behind me. Her and I both thought he was backing down. Despite the surprise. I gave him a smirk, trying to come off as confident in hopes to intimidate him. I had to be confident. I had to become the type of leader my father would be proud of.

"In the ring in fifteen," I gave him a time. 

"Lady Zara," one of the Alphas spoke in a Dutch accent. "Can we watch?" he asked, his hazel eyes held curiosity.

"It would be an honor to watch this challenge," another Alpha chimed in with his Japanese accent.

Every pair of eyes were set on me, waiting for an answer. Usually, challenges inside the pack were private. I knew they wanted to see if it was possible for a woman to win. They wanted a show, fine.

"I wouldn't want any of you to miss it," I said blatantly, as I turned and left with Trisha behind me.

Audience:

Last updated: 12/16/2018

Hey everyone! It is a shorter chapter but that's how the story unfolds. Plenty of more chapters to read ahead! (:

Let me know what you think, is the story interesting enough?

What is intriguing you most so far?

Would love to hear from you!

Thank you for reading (:

xoxo