Chapter 13: Broken Pieces

Alpha Helsin's Point of View

Anger raged through me, my blood beating in my ears, my hands were turned into fists that turned my knuckles white. My jaw was numb yet stinging with the pain caused from her punch, she was strong for a female.  What I couldn't ignore, was the sharp aching pain in my heart when she said she rejected me. It was like a dagger struck me then and there.

"Urghh!" I yelled furiously, banging my fist into the wall of the room. Leaving a hole of shattered wood and white paint.

"I can't believe this," I growled, sitting on the bed and pulling my hair in frustration. I heard rejections were hell to go through, but I never thought I would be rejected. Mostly because it was unheard of for an alpha to be rejected by his mate. My heart was still throbbing with pain, physical pain, and my emotions were everywhere. 

I couldn't get the image of her out of my head. The moment I saw her, she took my breath away with her beauty. Her long brown hair flowed around her shoulders gracefully, and her eyes were a mesmerizing dark gray with silver specs. Her body slim but curvy, she was petite.  When she smiled she had the cutest dimples form on her cheeks that I had ever seen.

A knock at the door interrupted my thoughts, I got up and opened the door. I was expecting my Beta but hoping it was Luna Zara.

"Is she the one?" Selena stood there looking terrified and hurt.

"How did you know where I would be?" I asked, surprised she was here.

"I followed Hector here," she shrugged. It was weird she would do that, but I knew she was going was scared of losing me.

"She rejected me," I said, the words hurt to even say. Selena's jaw dropped to the floor in shock.

"Why would she do such a thing?" she sounded angry but looked relieved. I shrugged, even though I remember the words Luna Zara said. It made me feel terrible, truly.

"Well if she doesn't want you, I will gladly take you," Selena said softly, her eyes pleading and hopeful.

"Come here," I said under my breath, grabbing her by the arm and pulling her close. I needed a distraction, and she was right... you can't make someone be with you. I looked into her hazel eyes, they were glowing with satisfaction as I wrapped my arm around her waist. I hovered over her lips, barely touching them as I felt her hot breath hitting me with desire.  I knew I wasn't in my right mind, but she was offering the perfect distraction.

"Kiss me," she whispered, and it was then that I pressed my lips onto hers aggressively. She let out a moan that made me slightly excited. I lifted her up by the waist and pinned her up against the wall aggressively as her legs wrapped around my waist. Kissing her down her neck roughly as she let out moans of pleasure. She grabbed my hair causing me to let out a moan. She pulled my hair roughly as I lifted her up and laid her down on the bed.

I unbuttoned her red blouse, pulling it off her. She took her bra off as I pulled my t-shirt over my head and tossed it onto the ground. Her perfectly rounded breasts catching my attention instantly while her red curly hair flowed beside them. My promise to myself was long forgotten. She got up off the bed and cornered me to the edge of the bed, forcing me to sit down facing her. She lifted her legs around me, straddling me while sitting on my lap. Her breasts eye level as I cupped one, gently squeezing it.

She moved her fingers through my hair, pulling it as I gently grabbed her nippled between my teeth, nipping at it playfully. My hands grabbing her hips tightly as I began sucking her nipple. I moved my hand to her bum, squeezing it as she moaned seductively. An image of Zara passed through my mind of how she would look naked, but I tried my best to ignore it.

"I love you," Selena gasped between moans, making my blood turn cold and I unintentionally pushed her off me. She fell back on the floor, landing on her bum looking at me with a pained expression.

"What the fuck?" she growled warily, not sure what she did wrong.

"I didn't mean to," I said more aggressively then I meant to, "I didn't mean to push you off." 

"Then what did you mean?" she said rudely as she got up and put her bra and shirt back on hastily.

"I don't know what happened," I said, confused why she was leaving, "where are you going?"

"Anywhere but here, you obviously don't want me," she said shakily, on the edge of tears.

"No, I do. I just can't do this right now," my whole body was tense with emotions that I was trying to keep under control. I knew she deserved better than this, she deserved a real mate, not a lifetime of constantly trying to cure a broken heart.

"What do you want from me?" she asked, her voice was still shaky.

"Just stay here with me tonight," my voice was emotionless as I was lost in thought. I just needed someone around me right now to keep me from going insane.

"Okay," she sighed, sitting next to me. She laid her hand on my back, rubbing it to try and comfort me. Her touch was nothing compared to Zara's, and I couldn't get that out of my head. I just wanted thoughts of her to disappear. I came here with a plan to destroy this pack... now I find out the Luna is my mate and she rejected me.

"I am so conflicted right now," I said, breaking the silence.

"I know, but I will always be here, no matter what," she said soothingly.

"Tomorrow, all the other packs will be here in the morning, she has a gathering at noon, then we have meetings until nighttime. Nighttime holds a dinner and a ball dance," I explained.

"Sounds like a lot," she replied.

"Yeah, a lot of seeing her..." I trailed off, realizing someone was planning on killing Luna Zara. My heartbeat picked up in panic, was I about to let her die? She rejected me, why should I care? I sighed, I had no clue what to do. I have never felt so overwhelmed emotionally in my life.

"What's on your mind?" Selena noticed my tense mood.

"There's just too much going on at the wrong time."

"Anything I can do to help?" She asked but I shook my head.

"I'm going to try and get some sleep, pass time. You can sleep on the bed," I said, gathering some blankets and pillows to sleep in on the floor.

"Okay... goodnight Alpha," she said reluctantly.

As the lights were turned off and Selena eased into sleep. I couldn't close my eyes, I just stared at the ceiling thinking of Zara and what to do. I sighed, rolling over to stare at the door. She was pretty clear on her rejection, and it hurt like hell.  

Audience:

What does everyone think?

Too much detail, not enough?

What does everyone think about Selena?

Thank you for reading!

xoxo