Chapter 10: A Promise

Crescent Moon Alpha's Point of View

I tightened the bow tie to my light gray and white suit, my fingers were sweaty. Why the bloody hell were they sweaty? I didn't remember the last time I felt nervous, it was rare for me. I was an Alpha, nervousness from anything was a weakness. 

"You look handsome," I heard Selena walk in from the hall into my bedroom. "Will I be attending the gathering?" she asked, she seemed uneasy when she was usually confident.

"Yes love, the whole pack will be attending. According to the messages I got, they have requested all packs to come with all members, it will be huge," I smirked.  The more people there were, the easier my plan will be to achieve.

"I like it when you call me that," she smiled as she leaned back against the wall.

"I like calling you that," I returned the smile, only to frown as I noticed she was no longer smiling but lost in thought. "What's wrong love?" I asked, trying to make her feel better.

"It's just... our relationship is always so emotionless... and I am scared about the gathering," she said softly. I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion.

"Emotionless?" I asked. She thought I was being emotionless when I showed her more emotions than anyone else that has ever been in my life.

"Yes, both of us fear showing vulnerability... we never talk about how we feel, we never talk about the future, we only talk about pack business and when we can finally make love," she sighed, looking at the ground with her arms crossed.

"We can try and work on those things after the gathering," I replied hesitantly, still annoyed she thought our relationship was emotionless, "why are you scared of the gathering?" 

"I'm scared she will be there," she said under breath as she shuffled her feet nervously.

"You mean to tell me, that you think she would just show up a couple days before my deadline?" I asked in disbelief.

"Then why do you insist on waiting for that deadline?" Selena growled, keeping her gaze averted to avoid angering me. She had a point though, why was I waiting?  I wasn't sure besides that I promised myself years ago, and if I couldn't keep a promise to myself, how could I keep one to others?

"I made myself that promise long before I met you, and you know how much I value my promises," I said flatly. Slight relief seemed to cross her face briefly before she looked lost again.

"Don't stress yourself out about something that is 99 percent most likely not going to happen," I said.

"Your right," she sighed, "I am going to get some rest, it will be a long day tomorrow," she turned around and walked out, her red curls bouncing with each step she took.

"Women," I muttered to myself as I loosened the bow tie in frustration.

---

I made sure my pack's luggage was all set and ready to go and that no one was being left behind. It took hours to finally get everyone organized. I couldn't even imagine being the Alpha holding this event, or in this case, Luna. I smirked at the thought.

"Is everything all set?" I asked my Beta, his dark eyes searching around us for last minute details.

"Yes, Alpha," he replied stoically.

"Alright everyone, onto the planes," I ordered, My pack members getting on the planes in single file. We had to take a few planes because one plane would not be enough for everyone. Families were being left behind and anyone younger than eighteen. They served no purpose at these gatherings, they were generally called upon for werewolves to find their mates, for building alliances, or going over pack laws.

"Would you like company on the plane," Selena's voice was seductive as she walked up behind me. I turned around to met her hazel eyes, glistening with eagerness.

"Now is not the time, I must go over things with Hector," I said keenly. Her face seemed to fall, and then she instantly masked her emotions.

"Fine, your loss," she said rudely and walked away towards a plane. I growled angrily, how dare she talk to me like that.

"Alpha Helsin, it's our turn to get on the plane," Hector said, I knew he was just trying to get me calmed down and not cause a scene.

"Fine," I growled, stalking off towards the plane.

Hector and I got onto our own private plane, it was much smaller than the ones that the rest of the pack was using. We rolled out some maps and paperwork that we had taken along with us.

"Have you heard anything from the Solstice pack member who wanted their Luna dead?" I asked Hector. His short black hair shined in the light as he shook his head.

"I tried to reach out, but nobody has heard or seen him for days," Hector replied, furrowing his eyebrows. "Do you think their Luna found out?" He asked.

"You think a woman would be that cunning?" I smirked, "even if she did, I doubt she would have the balls to confront him."

"Don't underestimate her Alpha," Hector said cautiously.

"Why would you say that?" I growled.

"If the story is true that she killed the Beta, she definitely has balls," he stated. He had a point, but it was just too hard for me to imagine. Every female werewolf, including Luna's, I have ever met always had a passive or sympathetic characteristic. Alpha's can tend to be overbearing, which why Luna's and Alpha's tended to balance each other out.

"Maybe she's more wolf then werewolf," I chuckled at the thought. Wolves, a distant relative of our kind, often had Luna's that downright terrified their pack if they weren't in line. Hector gave a small grin, rarely we had these type of moments of relaxing and small jokes.

Hector's phone rang, and he answered it. While I sat there wondering what the Luna of the Solstice pack would be like, she's probably ugly, I can't imagine a ruthless female being pretty. Why did this intrigue me so much? I doubt the stories are true, and even if they are, so what? The Solstice pack was still going to be destroyed.

"Okay, sounds good," Hector hung up the phone, "that was the missing pack member we were just thinking about, he said that he's been away from the Solstice pack for a few days but he will be there tomorrow at the gathering," he explained.

"And? What's his plan?" I asked. Hector shrugged.

"He said he had a plan, but he would discuss it when we were there," Hector sat back in his seat.

"Mystery Luna, sketchy Solstice pack member, an unknown plan... sounds perfect," I growled. At least I had my plan and a backup plan. I learned to never trust anyone, not even those who claim to be close to you.

Audience:

Here you go, everyone!

Some Alpha Helsin Viewpoint, the next chapter will be back to Luna Zara, and then back to Alpha Helsin.

How was this chapter? Exciting or intriguing?

Hope everyone enjoys! (:

xoxo