Chapter 9: Blood of the Alpha

"Who told you to make that food for me? Who sent you to poison me?" I growled darkly, making the cement walls of the cell tremble.

"No one!" She spat, her short black hair clinging to her sweaty forehead.

"No one?" I smirked, glaring at her intensely. She averted her green gaze, she was stubborn, but she still feared me. I circled around her slowly, letting the silence sink in, keeping my ferocious glare on her. I could smell her fear pouring off her, so I stopped behind her and grabbed each shoulder with my hands.

"What are you doing?" She quickly asked frightened.

"Oh... did you think I would just sit here and argue with you?" I growled in her ear, making her tremble with fear. Partially shifting, I dug my claws into her shoulders as she screamed out in pain. Keeping my claws in place as her blood leaked out into her clothes. Leaving her light gray shirt tainted with shades of reddish brown.

"Now tell me, who had you poison my food?" I snapped. I dug my claws in deeper, making her scream more.

"No one," she mumbled between gasps of pain. I took my claws out.. she was going to be tougher, then I would be tougher. As I walked out in front of her, knowing her hands were chained behind her back, I grabbed her throat.

"Go ahead, kill me," she said through gritted teeth.

"Oh, sweetheart... I'm going to do anything but that until you tell me who," I replied with a nasty smile. I took one hand, claws out and stabbed them into her in the stomach, digging in, and grabbing onto some intestines. I squeezed just enough for her to feel the excruciating pain. While my other hand choked her. She tried to scream but couldn't breathe at the same time, instead, she was just flailing around like a fish out of water.

"So... who?" I growled taking my hand off her throat as she gasped for air.

"H-his name..." She stuttered, trying to regain her breath, "is George Frye..." she finished. I removed my other hand from her intestines, I wasn't worried about the damage, she would start healing soon.

"Now was that so hard?" I smirked, leaving her in the cell as I exited. Frye? Why does that name sound familiar...

I walked out of the palace basement where a few guards were posted. "Guards, go get me George Frye" I demanded to some guards as they nodded and strode off.

——————

"Good afternoon, Elvan," I greeted Elvan as I came up onto the edge of the training field where he stood watching the warriors.

"Good afternoon, Luna, is there anything you need?" He smiled warmly.

"Yes, I just need to get Jack, there's something I want him to see," I stated. If Jack were to be my Beta soon, we had to work together closely, which includes those who get tortured in the prison cells.

"Very well, I will go get him," Elvan nodded his head, moving swiftly through the fields around warriors dueling each other. He returned within minutes with Jack on his heels. I observed Jacks posture, his head was high and he walked with confidence. Good... he has come far with his dominance.

"Luna Zara," Jack gave a small bow in greeting.

"Jack, there are some things I wanted to show you, follow me," I said with a warm smile. I wasn't sure how much torture he could handle, which is why I didn't include him in Tessa's. However, he must become made of steel. We swiftly made it back to the palace, following a trail leading down to the basement of prison cells.

"Guards, is George Frye in there?" I asked, noticing all the guards have returned.

"Yes, Luna, he's locked up," one stated. I gave a curt nod as I headed inside with Jack right behind me.