Chapter 4: No Mercy

The pack was gathered to the ring outside, this place was used for sparring or on rare occasions challenges. The Alphas from some other packs were in the front lines watching with eagerness and smirks on their faces. The pack was silent though, no one vouching for either person, unsure of the outcomes.

Helmut was already in his wolf form, his wolf was huge, three times bigger then my human form, his light brown fur held strands of red, his light green eyes filled with the gleam of cockiness. Generally, female wolves are smaller than males, but males mistake us for being weaker. I have studied the human and wolf form bodies for a few years now, that he had no idea about. No one did but my father.

"Trisha, hold my dress?" I asked as I walked behind a changing section and took the dress off.

"Of course, Luna," she replied shakily as I handed her the dress. I looked over at her, she was shaking.

"Are you okay?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowed.

"I am just nervous for you, and what will happen to us both if you do not win," she whispered.

"Do not worry, I know things that he doesn't, and my smaller size gives me advantages of speed and tactic, he will be more clumsy," I gave her a reassuring smile.

I inhaled deeply, exhaled, and focused on visualizing myself as my wolf. Sparks arose, my blood ran hot, my vision blurred, and slight pain arose in my joints and bones as I shifted. Shifting wasn't very painful for me due to being an Alphas daughter and I shifted way more than most werewolves; the more you shift the less it hurts. I shook out my fur, seeing my paws the color of dark grey mixed with black. I had black fur around my eyes and down my back as well with rest a dark grey.

I walked out into the ring, where Helmut paced around growling. Showing off his dominance. As soon as he saw me he snarled, baring his teeth aggressively. I returned the nasty attitude, trying to growl even louder than him. The pack members surrounding us were so rigid I could feel the tension in the air.

Helmut and I circled each other before he made the first move. Perfect. His impatience gave me an opportunity. As he lunged at me I ducked below him, finding his stomach with my teeth and crunching down as hard possible. He gave a howl and stumbled to try and get me to lose my grip, I eventually did when he stepped on my hip with a front paw. Pain shot up hip as his weight was much more than mine. Thinking fast, I tried to snap at his neck but I couldn't reach, he returned the snap and I manage to catch the bottom of his jaw, avoiding a bite. He stepped off me, tossing his head viciously until I lost my grip.

I got up quickly, we circled each other again, I growled and snapped my jaws together aggressively. Helmut growled back, snarling viciously and shaking his head aggressively. We both had our ears pinned back, he lunged at me again. This time, I jumped high enough that he would end up under me. No, I wouldn't be able to balance on him but if I could just bite him in the neck while he is vulnerable. As we both went down, I landed on his back, gaining my opportunity, I bit down on the top of his neck. Although due to him having a massive neck it would take several bites before he would die. He howled, and I slid off his back losing my grip, but I persisted on biting down harder on his neck.

Helmut snapped his head around and bit into my shoulder causing a piercing pain to shoot through my body, making me whine and I bit down even harder. He let go and came back for another bite on my shoulder, and I snapped around taking a chunk out of his cheek. Then I quickly snapped again getting a chunk of his ear, he pinned me down with his paws and he tried to snap at my neck but I dodged him, and at that moment his head was down near mine. I pushed myself up as much as possible and bit down onto the side of his neck, catching him off guard. He moved his weight off me and I took the opportunity to release quickly and bite again, this time, the underside of neck, biting down hard, puncturing the esophagus.

Helmut whined, and I could tell he began having trouble breathing as I kept sinking my teeth down deeper and deeper. Then I viciously shook my head so hard, my whole body shook aggressively back and forth as I pulled back with all my weight until I pulled a chunk of his throat out with half of his esophagus dangling from my mouth. He staggered, as gargling and wheezing noises came from him, his eyes wide as he fell down to the ground, convulsing until he was completely still, his eyes now dull as the life left him.

I dropped the dead body part I held in my mouth to the ground, the pack was dead silent, not a single movement. I glanced at the other Alphas and growled, they were staring at Helmut's dead body wide-eyed. I heard someone running up behind and immediately jumped prepared for an attack, but it was Trisha, I let myself relax slightly. She kneeled down in front of me, bowing her head.

"Hail to Luna Zara!" she exclaimed loudly but kept her head bowed. The pack also began kneeling down and bowing as they said, "Hail to Luna Zara!" My wolf itched with pride, as she tilted our head back and howled, and howled again.

To the audience:

What do you think so far?

Is the story still intriguing? Anything I should fix?

Is it easy-flowing for Zara to lead after this fight?

Hmm... should some romance be involved in this book?

Keep reading to find out!

**Chapter 1-4 are edited since 12/16/2018**

Just want to send a quick thank you for every reader that read through my chapters to this book, it means a lot to me!

xoxo