Chapter 8: The Snake Bites

1 week later- Back to Zara's point of view

"Here, research these packs, their numbers, their strengths, their morals, everything," I slammed down a stack of papers on my office desk in front of Jacks folded hands. His eyes widen at the tall stack of papers.

"Yes, Luna..." he mumbled. I sat back down, studying some papers on our pack numbers and positions. It seemed we did not have as many mated couples as I thought, so the meeting in a few days would have to be huge enough for all the packs to unite, not just the leaders.

"Gaurd, can you go get Trisha," I demanded to one of the guards standing by the door. He nodded and strode off down the hall. I had six guards surrounding me at all times since I got the white rose and note. So far, nothing has happened since accept an interesting note by the Crescent Moon Alpha.

"Guard," I gestured at a second guard by the door, "can you retrieve Anabelle and Luis for me" I demanded. He turned and strode off, leaving four guards outside my office door.

"Jack, we need to change this meeting to a gathering, we need our pack members to find their mates," I explained.

"Are you sure that's a good idea to have so many people with both an inside threat and the Crescent Moon pack here? Assuming you are going to accept his request to come?" he raised his eyebrows in concern, forming wrinkles on his forehead.

"Yes, I will have my guards and the Crescent Moon pack knows the laws," I stated as I pulled out the letter the Crescent Moon Alpha had sent to me. Something about the letter made me feel... off? I read over it once more.

Dear Soltice Luna,

Congratulations on your position in the pack, and my condolences for the lost of your father, war always brings sad times upon us. I am writing to you because I wanted to be part of the yearly gathering this year, I will obey all pack laws, I give you my word. There are many reasons why I want to join this gathering, but reasons I must keep to myself, I am sure as a leader you understand. Hope you will give this some thought.

Sincerely,

Alpha Jordan Helsin

Crescent Moon Pack

I grabbed a pen and paper, writing down my response of acceptance. I doubt he meant his condolences, he killed my father after all.... but I had to have every pack possible here. Folding it up once finished, I set it aside to be sent out later. As I grabbed some more papers to work on, I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in," my voice loud and clear, the door opened and a guard came in with Trisha.

"You wanted to see me?" she asked steadily.

"Yes, how is training coming along?" I asked.

"Training is going well, I am learning so much and have gotten much stronger," she smiled brightly.

"Excellent, both you and Jack will be tested the day before the gathering," I stated, both of them tensing up. I could tell they were nervous, yet eager to prove themselves. "You both have three days, we will test in the evening."

"What will the test consist of?" Jack asked nervously.

"That you will not know, I will be testing you with and without your knowledge, I will be observing you from now on with your interactions between others," I explained.

"It isn't much time, Luna," Trisha said under her breath. I gave her a warm smile.

"You two have much potential, just remember, show no one your emotions, fears, or weaknesses, and you will be okay."