Chapter 20: Trust In a Prisoner

I lifted my knee hard, kicking Damon in the balls. He groaned. Hissing, ever so slightly loosening his grip around my neck. Jesus, he was strong.  I grabbed his wrist and dug my claws in as I shifted slightly. He laughed at me wickedly as blood ran down his arm and dripped all over the floor.

"Do you really think you could defeat me so easily?" he spat.

My vision began to be consumed with black dots as the oxygen was no longer reaching my brain.

"Don't you think we should have a proper challenge? We have laws for a reason." Alpha Gabin spoke assertively. His words barely hearable as my heartbeat was pounding in my ears.

"Ah. Well, if that's the law then I suppose I should follow it." Damon pulled back his arm quickly, letting me fall to the ground hard.

Piercing pain ran up from knees to my thighs as I choked. Gasping for air desperately. Rubbing my neck I felt something hot and wet. I looked down at my hand to see red covering my palms and fingers. He had his claws digging in my neck and I didn't even realize it.

"When do you want to have this challenge. Sister?" Damons voice was husky. Devious.

"Tomorrow."

"Hmm. That won't do for me. I will be back in a week for the 'proper' challenge."

"Fine."

"Maybe then you can think it over and make a wiser decision," his eyes flickered with something odd. He enjoyed toying with people.

"My decision won't change," I glared at him.

"We'll see. In the meantime, my beloved and I must catch up."

"She stays," I growled.

"Oh, I don't think so," he walked over to Trisha. Wrapping his arm around her waist.

I had a twisting feeling in my gut that something was wrong with the picture here. I shakily stood up on my feet, fixing my dress. I glared into Damons dark green eyes, trying to show him how much I wanted him dead. He gave a devilish smirk as he escorted Trisha out of the room.

"Toodles!" he raised his hand dismissively as him and Trisha dissappeared behind the door.

Toodles? Who the fuck says that? Someone cleared their throat awkwardly.

"Uhm. Should we continue the meeting?" Alpha Castenda spoke.

"Is there anyone here who like to change any pack laws?" I asked assertively, no longer caring about the initial start, talk, and ending of a meeting. everyone shook their head, not saying a word.

"No one then?" I paused, waiting for them to say something. "If there hasn't been any laws broken, then this meeting is done."

I walked out of the room leaving the Alphas to talk among themselves. I had no patients for unnecassry blabbering right now. I walked briskly to the doctors with both Beta Jack and Alpha Helsin trailing behind me.

"Luna Zara. Where are you going?" Beta Jack asked. Concern filling his voice.

"To see Celeste."

"Can we talk Luna Zara?" Alpha Helsin asked. I turned around sharply to face him. He stumbled, trying to not run into me as he stopped.

"I am not in the mood to talk," I glared at both him and Jack. "Just leave me alone."

I continued my walk to find Celeste as nagging thought kept coming to my mind. Who killed my father? If it was not Damon or Alpha Helsin, then who? Either someone was lying or I had missed an enemy. Maybe, Beta Helmut did? No. He was too weak to take on my father. I inhaled deeply, feeling the tension in my neck and shoulders release slightly. Father... what am I to do? I am lost without you.