Chapter 12: Love at First Sight?

Zara's Viewpoint

My body was trembling as I walked hastily outside, with Jack on my heels. My breath showing in the air as I exhaled. The nights here were cold here, but I couldn't even feel the temperature right now. My body was heated from the adrenaline. I felt angry, revengeful, but I knew I had to keep my cool. I had accepted them here, after all. I needed to put my pack first.  I kept taking deep breaths as I came up to a large group of werewolves.

"Alpha Jordan Helsin," I kept my voice level and clear, despite all the emotions that were running through me right now. One of the two men who was standing with their back to us turned around. My heart dropped to my stomach as our eyes met. His emerald green eyes captured my attention instantly. All my angry emotions faded for a minute, and I all I wanted to do was accept the sudden pull towards him. My mate.

"Luna Zara," he replied confidently, masking the shock I saw the flash through his eyes for a second. I could tell the man was made from steel, he was a master at masking his emotions.

"What brought you here so early?" I asked confidently, my anger returning but not enough to show.

"We didn't estimate our time of arrival quiet right, we apologize for the inconvenience," he said politely. Interesting, politeness from my father's killer. Bitter thoughts kept swimming in my mind as I struggled to comprehend how he could possibly be my mate out everyone in the world.

"There is no inconvenience at all, everything is already set up for the guests, so please, allow us to show you where your pack will be staying," I said, forcing a smile. Jack was as stiff as board next to me, I could feel the tension coming off him and waves. His eyes were constantly wandering, observing for any threat. I turned around reluctantly, not enjoying the fact that my father's killer was behind me, as I lead them to a building.

We had built buildings around the palace several years ago for packs to stay in at gatherings. The Alphas and Betas stayed in the palace in one area filled with guest rooms. This was done so attending meetings would be quick and easy. We came up to a building that was several stories tall, it was the first one in the line and nearest to the palace.

"Since your pack is here first, you can stay in this one, it is quite lovely," I gestured at the white building that had gold rims, matching the palace colors, "no locks on the doors though so if there are any issues please let me or my Beta Jack Izle know."

"Will do, I am sure everything will work out fine though," Alpha Helsin replied, eyeing me warily.

"Wonderful, now we'll leave your pack to it and if you and your Beta would like us to show you to your rooms, we can do that," I suggested, holding a fake smile again. My cheeks were beginning to ache. I wanted this man dead, yet I wanted him in ways that made me feel ashamed.

"Do you have good cell service here?" Alpha Helsin asked.

"Yes, we do. We just aren't big on cell phones, so few of us have them here," I said, unsure why he would ask such a random question.

"Excellent, if you could show me to my room that would be appreciated, my Beta Hector will make sure the pack gets settled and I will give him directions," Alpha Helsin finished, nodding at the man built from stone standing next to him. His dark brown gaze felt cold like he cared very little for others.

"Very well then, Jack could stay behind and wait for him if you'd rather?" I suggested, not liking the idea that the Beta would be out here wandering. Not that he wouldn't wander anyway, but I wanted to keep an eye on both the Alpha and Beta.