THREE

Aurora was one of the last few people to arrive in the Great Hall, alongside Ginny Weasley and Luna Lovegood, Aurora tightened her high ponytail before she let out a sigh and strolled into the Hall which was bursting with laughter, she noticed nervous first year students at the end of each table meaning the Sorting was already over. The candles that were enchanted to fly up near the ceiling provided both a glow and heat providing a homey feeling for the students. Five long tables were spread out in the Hall, four for the different houses; Ravenclaw to the far left with Gryffindor next to them on their right, The Hufflepuff table was next and then to the far right was the Slytherins. The last table was right at the front of the Hall where all of the professors sat, with the headmaster Albus Dumbledore right in the middle.

Chocolate brown eyes scanned the Hall before they settled on two red heads sitting at the Gryffindor table, one who was chatting away to a boy with dreadlocks and the other seemed to be looking around the Hall quite frantically until his own brown eyes met with Aurora. She gave him a shy smile as she made her way towards the brown eyed boy who stood up as soon as his eyes met hers, looking relieved.

The sudden movement of the red haired boy jumping out of his seat caused the other twin and his friend to both look up confused, until they spotted what he was looking at, a black haired girl, geared up in her Gryffindor robes with a shy smile on her face as she made her way towards the three boys.

"I'm sorry," Aurora breathed out as soon as she reached the boys.

Fred, who was stood up, quickly pulled her into his arms, one arm around her waist the other on the back of her head;tangled in her hair, as he placed his chin on the top of her head breathing in her scent; Mint, chocolate and her muggle rose perfume. All the smells he loved.

"It's okay, love, you're here now," Fred mumbled into her hair as he felt her arms squeeze around his middle making his cheeks redden and a smile appear on his face.

"Okay, stop hogging her now, Fred," George said as he too stood up.

Aurora and Fred pulled away rather quickly, both their faces as red as the Weasley hair.

Aurora looked down as she felt the warmth leave her body, she knew she shouldn't be thinking things like that about her best friend but she just couldn't help it.

George and Lee laughed at the pair before George gave her a quick hug whilst Lee just sent her a smile as he was seated at the other side of the bench, she sent him one back before she sat in between the twins.

"Where did you go?" Asked Fred, his cheeks started returning to a normal colour.

"Oh, erm, I was just with your sister and Luna," Aurora said with a small smile, trying to not make any eye contact.

"A, we know what happened with Harry," George informed her.

Aurora sighed, she didn't want her friends to think she was weak and that some words from one person affected her so much, "It's fine you guys, really it is," She told them before she looked to her right at Fred, "Like you said Fred, I just can't let their words get to me."