FIFTEEN

Aurora awoke to someone shaking her and calling her name over and over again. She peeled her chocolate brown eyes open to see Hermione looking down at her with Fred stood by her side.

"What's going on?" Aurora coughed, her throat feeling dry as Hermione quickly passed her a glass of water from the bedside table. Aurora sighed in relief when the cold liquid touched her throat as her eyes glanced around her surroundings. She was on one of the hospital beds in the Hospital Wing at school, Ron was lying unconscious on the one to her right. When she handed Hermione the now empty glass back she remembered as to why she was in the wing.

Her eyes watered as she thought about what had happened to her dad, "Is he..." she asked Hermione who shook her head violently as she ripped the blanket from Aurora's body.

"Come with me," She urged on, "Quickly. Both of you."

Aurora and Fred shared a confused glance before Fred helped her stand up from the bed, she was feeling slightly dizzy but she wasn't going to let that stop her. As she gripped Fred's arm in her hand the pair sped walked after Hermione who kept glancing over her shoulder making sure that they weren't too far behind.

Aurora felt breathless as they finally reached a courtyard, her breath hitched in her throat as she saw Buckbeak standing there looking as majestic as ever. Her mouth opened as she stared at him, "How is this possible?" she mumbled, did the Ministry decide to spare him his life after all? 

"I'll explain everything later," Hermione said, her voice so rushed Aurora could hardly understand what she was saying, "Come on, come here," She lead the pair to the bushiest place of the courtyard. When Aurora saw who was standing there her eyes widened, almost building out of her skull. Her eyes watered as she ran into the person's arms.

"I thought you were dead," She whispered, the tears now flowing freely down her rosy cheeks.

"You have Hermione to thank for that," Sirius mumbled into his daughter's ear, he squeezed her so tight it was as if his life depended on it. Once they pulled away he wiped the tears that took residence on her cheeks and gave her a wide smile.

"Where are you going to go to now?" She asked.

"I'm not sure, dear, but I promise you we will live together again," He said, nodding at Harry who was standing just behind him, "We all will."

Aurora sniffled as she nodded at her dad, he kissed her forehead as they walked back out into the courtyard where Hermione and Fred were standing with Buckbeak. Fred looked anxious as the Hippogriff tried sniffing him but then his eyes landed on Sirius Black and it looked as if he could faint at any given time. 

"Look after my daughter," Sirius said to him in a stern voice which intimidated the ginger haired boy who quickly nodded, "I will. I promise," he told the older man who smiled at him before he clamped his hand on Fred's shoulder, looking appreciative of the boy.