SIXTY-ONE

"We'll wait outside, Molly," Tonks said, "Arthur won't want too many visitors at once...it ought to be just the family first."

Mad-Eye Moody growled in approval before he set himself with his back against the corridor wall of St. Mungo's Hospital. Harry and Aurora both dressed back, too, but Mrs Weasley reached out a hand and pushed the pair through the door, "Don't be silly they're family. Plus, Arthur wants to thank Harry."

The ward was rather small. There was only one wall in the corner of the room, the rest of the light came from the shining crystal bubbles clustered in the middle of the ceiling. The walls were an oak colour and on the wall was one portrait of an angry-looking wizard. 

There were three patients in the ward, Mr Weasley was occupying the bed at the very far end of the ward, besides the window. Fred quickly grabbed hold of Aurora's hand before he pulled her along over to his father; who was propped up on several pillows and reading the Daily Prophet. He looked up as he heard footsteps and beamed brightly, before placing the newspaper down onto the bedside table. 

"Hello," he called out, cheerfully, "Bill just left, Molly, he had to go back to work, but he said he'll drop in on you later."

"How are you, Arthur?" Mrs Weasley asked, bending down to kiss her husband's cheek, "You're still looking a bit peaky."

"I feel absolutely fine," Mr Weasley said, holding out his good arm to give Ginny a hug, "If they could only take the bandages off, I'd be fit to go home."

"Why can't they take them off, dad?" Fred asked. 

"Well, I start bleeding like mad every time they try," Mr Weasley replied casually. He grabbed his wand from the bedside table and waved it, causing chairs to appear around the bed, "They said there was some kind of poison on the snake's fangs and that's why they wounds are staying open. They're sure they'll find an antidote, though, they say they've had much worse cases than mine, and in the meantime I just have to keep taking a Blood-Replenishing Potion every hour, but that fellow over there," Mr Weasley nodded his head at the bed opposite his, where a man that looked sickly laid, staring up at the ceiling, "Bitten by a werewolf, poor chap. No cure at all." 

"A werewolf?" Mrs Weasley whispered, "Is he safe in a public ward? Shouldn't he be in his own private room?"

A lump formed in Aurora's throat as she looked at the man, he looked so young and so sad before she sat down besides Fred on the chair towards the foot of Mr Weasley's bed.

"It's two weeks until the full moon," Mr Weasley reminded her, "They've been talking to him this morning, the Healers, you know, trying to persuade him he'll be able to lead an almost normal life. I said to him - didn't mention any names, of course - but I said I knew a werewolf personally, very very nice man, who find the condition quite easy to manage."

"What did he say?" George asked.

"Said he'd give me another bite if I don't shut up," Mr Weasley replied, Aurora and Fred couldn't help but let out a couple of quiet chuckles at the answer, quickly coughing to cover it up.