SEVENTY-SIX

Aurora held her breath as she stood in a unlit alleyway, waiting until the wizards and witches that rushed past disappeared into the night. She was glad she decided to wear black from head to toe since she was pretty much invisible to the people walking around especially since rain was pelting down from the pitch black sky. 

When the footsteps disappeared she moved away from the wall and back out onto the streets. The rain instantly soaking through her clothes and causing her hair to stick onto her pale face. Her boots mixed with puddles was the only thing she could hear as she pushed her hood up onto her head keeping her head down as she walked towards Knockturn Alley. 

Aurora thought Knockturn Alley was insanely creepy during the day but it was nothing compared to what it was like in the middle of the night especially now with Death Eaters lurking around behind every corner. Aurora's dark eyes scanned the streets, the only lights she could see were from dark windows of pubs where she could also hear a lot of commotion happening, something that filled her with sickening anxiety. 

The black haired witch let out a content sigh when she noticed Borgin and Burkes up ahead of her. The shop wasn't open but the display window was lit well enough to see partially into the shop. Aurora jogged over to one of the large windows after checking that her surroundings were clear and tried her best to peer into the dark shop. Her chocolate brown eyes squinted as she peered in through the wide window, looking for anything that looked suspicious or too out of place.

Her eyes landed on what seemed to look like a large wardrobe, however, she couldn't clearly see what it actually was due to a large black cloak hanging over it, hiding it from plain view. Her cold hand rested against the window as she let out a defeated sigh. She was really hoping that she would have been able to find whatever it was that Harry was talking about, if she knew what the item was it would be much easier for the Order to fight back but there was nothing specific that the thing was shaped as, for all she knew the wardrobe could have the item right inside of it and even without the cloak she wouldn't have realised what Harry had seen. 

Letting her eyes wander back to the covered object one last time she runs a hand over her tired face before she turns around and swiftly makes her way away from the shop. Her nerves were on high alert as the feeling of being watched sent hairs on the back of her neck to stand up. Aurora took a deep breath in and out trying to calm her rapid heartbeat down, she turned her head to look over her shoulder and her eyes widened as she noticed a dark figure roaming in an alleyway behind her.

Her body instantly got into the fight or flight mode as her legs moved quicker; she wasn't running just yet, first she was testing the waters; trying to see whether the figure's footsteps would speed up too and they did. The panic settled in her stomach causing a wave of nausea to fall over her but she knew she couldn't let it overpower her; this was a life or death situation and she knew it. 

Rounding a corner Aurora let out a groan as her body collided with an object in front of her. Her eyes looked up and her mouth opened in shock as she saw a figure standing right in front of her. She couldn't see the face due to it being covered in a large hood from the cape that they were wearing.

"What's a pretty lady like yourself doing out here all alone?" The figure asked teasingly, and from the roughness of the voice Aurora instantly knew it was a male. However, the actual voice wasn't at all familiar to her confirming the fact that this was just a creepy stranger out on the street.

Without replying she quickly moved past the figure but he grasped hold of her arm causing her to stumble. Aurora felt her eyes beginning to water as fear consumed her entire body. Subtly she reached her free hand into the pocket of her jacket feeling around for her wand. Deeper panic settled in when she couldn't feel it anywhere on her body and without a second thought she clenched her hand into a fist and slammed it square into the mysterious man's face. He was clearly taken by surprise as she let go of her and groaned, his hands now flying up to his face and Aurora noticed droplets of blood trickling down from his nose and hitting the stone pavement. 

Not wanting to to see the consequences of her actions she quickly turned around from the man and ran for it. Her legs moved faster than they have ever done in her entire life, her breathing was uneven as she rounded another corner finally coming out of Knockturn Alley; however, she didn't stop running, if anything she increased her pace but felt slightly calmer when she noticed the twins' shop up ahead of her. Glancing briefly behind her she let out a relieved sigh when she didn't see any figures roaming around and using her keys she quickly opened the door to the shop locking it as soon as she stepped in. 

Letting out a deep sigh she leaned her back against the locked front door, her body was shaking from the adrenaline that ran through her veins and she quickly shoved the hood off her head. Taking a deep breath she began to walk up the stairs of the silent shop, coming over to the door that led to the flat she quietly turned the key into the lock, cringing slightly at the sound of the door squeaking briefly before she closed it behind herself. Aurora took her keys out of the lock and placed them into the bowl on the kitchen counter before she slipped off her wet and muddy boots. As she walked into the living room the light came on, the black haired witch jumped up in shock letting out a small squeal as she saw Fred sitting on the couch with a raised eyebrow as he scanned her wet clothes.

"You alright?" He asked looking up at her shocked face.

"Yeah," Aurora nodded, her throat felt dry as she gave him a small smile, "I just got thirsty."

"And your throat was craving rain water?"

Aurora stuttered, "I fell in the bath?" She said, however it sounded more like a question than a statement. Fred couldn't help but chuckle at her answer and her shoulders relaxed, he lifted his hand up, his hand gripping lightly onto his wand as he pointed it straight at his girlfriend. With a quick wave the rain disappeared from the clothes leaving Aurora feeling warm once again. Letting out a comforting sigh she smiled tiredly at Fred, "Thank you," She told him.

"Come on, let's get you to bed and we'll talk about this in the morning, yeah?" Fred replied as he stood up and made his way over to Aurora who nodded her head loving the sound of the plan and as soon as the lights turned off and the pair made their way to their shared bedroom Aurora let out a sigh as she threw herself down onto the comforting mattress and within seconds she was fast asleep, merely seconds before her consciousness slipped away she felt a gentle kiss on her forehead as a blanket covered her exhausted body.