FORTY-FOUR

"Nearly time for bed, I think," Mrs Weasley yawned

"Not just yet, Molly," Sirius told her as he pushed away his empty plate and leaned closer to the table to look at Harry, "You know, I'm surprised at you. I thought that the first thing you'd do when you got here would be to start asking questions about Voldemort."

The atmosphere in the dining room immediately changed, it got wearily quiet as Sirius spoke. Aurora felt Fred stiffen besides her and so she swiftly grabbed hold of his hand.

"I did," Harry explained, "But Ron and Hermione said they weren't allowed to say anything, that they're not in the Order."

"And they're quite right," Mrs Weasley interjected, "You're too young."

"Since when did someone have to be in the Order to ask questions?" Sirius said, sarcasm laced his voice, "Harry's been trapped in that Muggle house for a while now. He's got the right to know what's been happeni-"

"Hang on," George interrupted, raising his arm in the air slightly.

"How come Harry gets his questions answered?" Fred asked, slight anger laced his voice as he gripped tightly onto Aurora's hand.

"We've been trying to get stuff out of you for a month and you haven't told us a single stinking thing!" George said, his voice clear and loud.

"'You're too young, you're not in the Order,'" Fred said in a high pitched voice, that sounded almost exactly like Mrs Weasley, "Harry's not even of age! And you haven't even let Aurora hear any of this either!"

"It's not my fault you haven't been told what the Order's doing. That's your parents' decision," Sirius explained calmly looking at the twins before he turned around to look at Mrs Weasley, his expression hardened, "I appreciate you looking out for my daughter, Molly, but I told you, very specifically might I add, to let her in when she came back. And Harry, is now also my responsibility."

"It's not down to you to decided what's good for Harry!" Mrs Weasley said sharply, "And Aurora is  still healing from what happened last year I didn't want her to carry this burden around too. You haven't forgotten what Dumbledore said, have you?"

Aurora sighed sadly as she looked down at her hands, she had been suffering from nightmares ever since Barty Crouch Jr had attacked her, but she was getting better. She felt better. Fred noticed the sombre expression on her face and quickly wrapped his arm around her shoulder, bringing her body closer to his and placing a comforting kiss on her head. Sirius watched the pair carefully, a small smile appeared on his face as he saw the way the joker comforted his daughter.

"Which bit?" Sirius asked calmly, his eyes turning back to look at Mrs Weasley.

"The bit about not telling Harry more than he needs to know," Mrs Weasley said sternly.