THIRTY-TWO

"Merlin's balls."

"Merlin's beard."

"Who told you, you could look that good?!"

Were the comments Aurora heard as soon as her foot stepped out of the bathroom almost tripping due to the heels that were strapped to her feet. She wore an elaborately embroidered pink floral chiffon gown. Her dark hair was in a braided bun and sat perfectly at the top of her head. Her eye make up was subtle; a nude pink colour that matches her dress perfectly and complimented the red matte lipstick she wore. 

"You look amazing!" Ginny gushed, running over to Aurora. The red haired girl wore a pretty green and pink dress with small heels and braided hair, "Fred's going to have a heart attack."

Aurora laughed, her red lips stretching as she looked down at the girl, "You look amazing too Ginny," she said, "You too Hermione."

Hermione wore a floaty, periwinkle-blue dress, her hair was sleek and shiny and twisted up into an elegant knot at the back of her head. Her make-up was subtle; nude eyeshadow with light pink lipgloss shimmering in the light of the dormitory. 

"Come on we'll be late!" Ginny exclaimed pulling the girls along with her as she left the room. The three girls made their way to the Great Hall where the Ball would be taking place, the school halls were quiet as the majority of the students had already arrived at the Hall with their dates. The girls reached the stairs and Ginny clapped her hands excitingly; the girls were going to walk down the stairs alone, letting them have their own 'princess' moment. 

Ginny went first, Hermione and Aurora watched as she walked down the stairs quickly but gracefully smiling the entire way down as she reached Neville who was looking very elegant in his dress robes. The red haired girl looked up waving her hand at Hermione signalling her to go next.

Hermione smoothed out her dress and took a deep breath.

"You'll be okay, Mione," Aurora reassured the girl, placing her hand on her shoulder comfortingly.

Hermione nodded and let out a sigh before she stepped away from the wall and onto the top of the stairs as she started to descent down the stone stairs people looked up, Aurora peaked out from behind the wall and noticed everyone at the bottom of the stairs looking up at Hermione. She smiled to herself as she saw Ron's mouth drop and then drop even more when Hermione walked past him and towards Viktor Krum.

Aurora took a deep breath and ran her hands over her dress, it was her turn now. She remembered watching Muggle movies with her Godfather where the girl would walk down the stairs and everyone would instantly fall in love with her, ever since she was a little girl she wanted to know what that would feel like; however now that it got to it she was terrified but she pulled herself together and stepped out of her hiding spot.

As soon as people heard the clicking of heels their heads turned towards the top of the stairs, they were shell-shocked to see Aurora Black looking so princess-like; the girl that was known for her ripped jeans and messy hair was standing in front of them all wearing the most gorgeous pink dress they'd ever seen. 

Ginny send the girl two thumbs up as she began to descent down the stairs, the building was quiet and all that was heard was the sound of whispers and the clicking of heels. Aurora searched the floor until her eyes met George's who was looking shocked but smiled widely; he was mid-conversation with Fred and Lee when he noticed Aurora walking down the stairs, he immediately turned Fred around so he could see what everyone was looking at.

Aurora smiled when her eyes met Fred's, her nerves instantly vanished as she watched him open and close his mouth like a goldfish before he got pushed towards the stairs by a smirking George.

"Y-y-you look---incredible," Fred breathed out as soon as Aurora's feet left the last step, his eyes looking her up and down not believing how lucky he was to be able to call her his date. 

"You don't look too bad yourself, Weasley," Aurora finally spoke, her red lips smirked as she fixed his bowtie.

"Wow," Lee commented as he and George walked over to the pair, "Who knew you could clean up so good, Black."

Aurora rolled her eyes at her friend's comment whilst Fred glared at the boy.

"Come on, Lee, before Fred kills you," George laughed as he grabbed hold of Lee's arm and dragged the boy into the Hall. 

Fred held out his arm for Aurora, "Shall we?"

Her smile light up the entire room as she nodded her head and encircled her arm around his, "We shall."