FIFTY-FOUR

The Weasley twins, Lee Jordan and Aurora Black arrived at Hog's Head. A tiny little pub on the outskirts of Hogsmeade. When they arrive, they notice a large group of different aged Hogwarts students also making their way inside.

They make their way over to the front of the group and sit down in some empty seats. Aurora notices Harry, Ron and Hermione all standing in front of the group, all looking a bit shocked at the amount of people that had turned up. 

"Hi, Harry," Neville beamed as he took the empty seat on Aurora's right hand side (Fred being on her left) Harry smiled politely at the boy, his eyes still wandering around the many faces.

"Er," Hermione said before she cleared her throat catching everyone's attention, "Well, hi."

The group focused their attention on the bushy haired girl, although their eyes darted to Harry every so often.

"Well...erm..you know why you're here...well, erm... Harry here had the idea-I mean I had the idea- that it might be god if people who wanted to study Defence Against the Dark Arts- and I like mean, really study it, you know, not the rubbish Umbridge is forcing upon us- Well, I thought it would be good if we, erm...well...took matters into our own hands," Hermione said looking out at the sea of people, "And by that I mean learning how to defend ourselves properly, not just in theory but doing real spells-"

"You want to pass your Defence Against the Dark Arts O.W.L.s too, though, I bet," A voice called out from the back of the group.

"Of course I do," Hermione admitted, "But more than that, I wand to be properly trained in defence because....." she took a deep breath, "Because Voldemort is back."

Aurora rolled her eyes at the reaction of some of the students who shrieked and fell over after hearing the name.

"Well...that's the plan, anyway," Hermione continued, "If you want to join us, we need to decide how we're going to-"

"Where's the proof that You-Know-Who's back?" A Hufflepuff boy asked, his voice loud and aggressive.

"Well, Dumbledore believed it-" Hermione tried to answer yet the boy interrupted her again.

"You mean, Dumbledore believes him," The Hufflepuff nodded his head towards Harry.

"Who are you?" Ron asked rudely.

"Zacharias Smith," the Hufflepuff said, puffing his chest out proudly, "And I think we've got the right to know exactly what makes him say You-Know-Who's back."

"Look," Hermione sighed, "That's not really what the meeting was suppose to be about."

"It's okay, Hermione," Harry told her, he looked at Zacharias, "What makes me say You-Know-Who's back? Well, the fact that I saw him. Dumbledore told the whole school what had happened last year, and if you don't believe him, you won't believe me, and I'm not wasting my afternoon trying to convince anyone."

Aurora couldn't help but smirk proudly at her God-brother, he was finally done taking shit from people and standing up in what he believed, in what he knew was the truth.

"All Dumbledore told us last year was that Cedric Diggory got killed by You-Know-Who and that you brought Diggory's body back to Hogwarts. He didn't give us any details, he didn't tell us how Diggory got murdered, I think we'd all like to know-"

"If you've come to hear what it was like when Voldemort murdered someone I can't help you," Harry interrupted the Hufflepuff boy, his voice loud as his temper rose, "I don't want to talk about Cedric, all right? So, if that's what you're here for, you might as well leave." He cast an angry look towards Hermione as he sat down in a chair, sinking down into it with his arms crossed.

Hermione was about to open her mouth but Luna Lovegood interrupted her, "Is it true you can perform a full body Patronus?" She asked looking directly at Harry.

"Yes, I've seen it," Hermione said sending a reassuring smile at Harry.

"Blimey, Harry," Dean said, his voice shocked as he looked at the spectacled boy, "I didn't know  you could do that."

"And he killed a Basilisk," Neville piped up, "With the sword in Dumbledore's office."

"Third year, he fought off a hundred Dementors at once," Ron added, his voice proud as he looked at his best friend.

"And last year he really did fight Voldemort in the flesh," Hermione added. 

"Look," Harry said standing up and walking over to stand besides Hermione, "It all sounds great when you say it like that, but the truth is, most of the that was just luck-"

He's just being modest," Hermione interjected.

Harry shook his head, "No, Hermione, I'm not." He said looking at her before his attention went back to the group, "I didn't know what I was doing half of the time. I nearly always had help. Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school, you make a mistake, you can try again tomorrow. But out there....when you're a second away from being murdered....or watching a friend die right in front of your eyes...You don't know what that's like."

"You're right, Harry," Hermione calmly said, "That's why we need your help. Because if we're going to have any chance at beating...Voldemort-"

"He's really back," Someone muttered, causing Harry to sadly nod his head.

Before they even knew it, everyone that had come agreed to sign up for the new Defence Against the Dark Arts lessons. Aurora scribbled down her name before she walked over to Harry and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, "Well done, Harry," she told him sincerely causing him to smile.

"First we need to find a place to practise," Harry told Hermione, Ron, Aurora, Fred, George, Ginny, Luna and Neville as they arrived back at the school grounds, "Somewhere where Umbridge won't find out."

"The Shrieking Shack?" Ron asked.

"It's too small," Harry replied.

"Forbidden Forest?" Aurora suggested as she walked in between the twins. Holding onto Fred's hand tightly. 

"Not bloody likely," Ron replied before Harry could, turning and sending a small glare at the black haired witch who laughed and winked at him.

"Harry, what happens if Umbridge does find out?" Neville asked.

"Who cares?" Hermione asked causing the whole group to stop dead in their tracks and look at the bushy haired Prefect, "I mean, it's sort of exciting, isn't it, breaking the rules?"

Aurora shared a confused look with the twins before they looked back at Hermione, trying to figure out if the fifth year was drunk.

"Who are you and what have you done with Hermione?" Ron asked.

Hermione rolled her eyes as she linked her arm around Harry's and began to lead the group again, "Anyway, at leat we know one positive thing that came out of today."

"What's that?" Harry asked.

"Cho couldn't take her eyes off you, could she?"