EIGHTY-SEVEN

The time for happiness and fun was quickly over. 

Aurora Black was pacing up and down in the living room of the Burrow. She, along with Ginny and Molly Weasley were left behind in the house whilst everyone else from the Order went to retrieve Harry and bring him to the Burrow without Voldemort getting to him first.

Letting out a sigh, Aurora ran a hand through her black hair before she walked over to the kitchen where the mother and daughter were currently residing in. Slowly, she made her way up to the window near the sink, her eyes glued on the wheat field in front of the Burrow.

"Why aren't they back yet?" Ginny questioned under her breath, biting her fingernails with worry.

As soon as the words left her mouth, a flash appeared in the field and without hesitation all three women ran outside with their wands in the air. 

"Harry!" Both Ginny and Aurora yelled as they rushed over to the messy haired boy. 

His clothes were soaked through, his hair as messy as usual and his glasses skewed on his face. Behind him, Hagrid appeared, his large clothes were also wet through as he sent a small smile at the women.

"What happened out there?" Molly interrogated, "Where are the others?" Panic laced her words.

"Is no one else back yet?" Harry asked, moving out of Ginny's arms before wrapping them around his Godsister.

"They were onto us right from the start," Hagrid explained, his shoulders deflated as he sadly, looked down at his large shoes, "We didn't stand a chance."

"Well, thank goodness you two are alright," She told them, performing a quick spell to dry both of their clothes before ushering them into the Burrow. 

Aurora followed behind, looking back into the dark night with a worried expression on her face. Her fingers subconsciously twisting the engagement ring on her finger. Suddenly, another flash appeared, her heart picked up its pace as her eyes widened.

"Oh, shit," Aurora muttered when she noticed Arthur Weasley holding up a bleeding George. Rushing over to the pair, she helped the older man carry one of his sons into the house as she heard Molly, Ginny, Hagrid and Harry running back out of the Burrow, gasping in shock when they noticed the amount of blood on the side of George's face.

Laying George down onto the couch in the living room, Arthur rushed back outside when he heard someone landing in front of the house. Aurora knelt down in front of George, her eyes watering as she checked his injured ear whilst Molly began cleaning it up.

"George?" The black haired witch asked, noticing his eyes opening and closing with exhaustion. 

"Hey, Aurora, how you doing?" He asked with a cheeky yet tired smile on his bloodied face.

"How am I doing?" She asked in disbelief, "I think I ought to be asking you that."

Suddenly, she felt another presence behind her. Turning her head to the side, she spotted Fred running through the living room and kneeling down besides her. She moved her eyes behind him and noticed that everyone was back, well, everyone apart from one, but right now she couldn't focus on that. Right now, she could only focus on her fiancé and his twin brother.

Fred's eyes fixated on his injured brother as Aurora placed a comforting hand on his clearly tensed shoulder.

"How you feeling, Georgie?" Fred asked, sniffling quietly as he placed one of his hands on George's shoulder.

"Saint like."

Fred looked towards his fiancé, a confused look on his face before he looked back at his twin brother, "What?" He asked.

George opened his tired eyes and pointed to his missing ear, "I'm holey. I'm Holey, Fred," He repeated himself, "Get it?"

Fred shook his head but chuckled nevertheless, "Holey? You have the whole world of ear-related humour before you, and you go for, 'holey'? Pathetic."

Aurora watched the twins converse, a small smile on her face as she tightened her grip on Fred's shoulder comfortingly. She felt him shrug her hand off, before grabbing it with his free hand and holding it in his lap as his eyes never left George.

"I'm still better looking than you," George commented, a fatigued smirk on his face as his eyes fluttered shut.

Aurora watched as Molly cleaned the blood off her son. She felt immensely grateful that George was okay, but couldn't stop the worried feeling she held in the pit of her stomach. But that feeling quickly got washed away as Fred began drawing simple patterns on her hand with his thumb, as he got comfortable on the floor besides the couch.

"Mad-Eye is dead," Bill Weasley suddenly informed the group, a sad smile on his face as his head hung low, "Mundungus took one look at Voldemort and disapparated."

The Burrow suddenly turned gloomy.