EIGHTY-THREE

'These are dark time there is no denying. Our world has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this to our citizens. We, ever your servants. Will continue to defend you liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you. Your ministry remains strong.'

Aurora re-read the front page of the Daily Prophet, her hands gripping the newspaper anxiously in her hands as she felt her heart picking up its speed. It was finally here. The Second Wizarding War.

The black haired witch slammed the newspaper down onto the dining room table, just as Fred casually strolled in. His eyebrows scrunched when he noticed the nervously expression written on Aurora's face.

"What's going on?" He asked softly, reaching the woman before he gently placed his hand on her shoulder.

Aurora didn't reply, instead she slid the newspaper over to him, nodding her head towards it. With a confused look on his face, Fred dipped his head down as his eyes began scanning the pages and the several headlines, 'DARK MARK SPARKS PANIC.' 'VIOLENCE SPREADS.' 'MUGGLE FAMILY MURDERED.' 'DEATH EATER NUMBER GROWS.' Before he silently read the message from the Minister of Magic. 

Once the red head was finished he pushed the newspaper away and stood in front of Aurora; who was nervously fidgeting with her fingers. Grabbing her hands softly in his, he rubbed her knuckles causing her to finally glance up at him. Her eyes observing the freckles scattered on his face.

"I know you're scared, we all are, but we're going to get through this," Fred told her, "Together, okay?"

Aurora stiffly nodded before letting out a sigh, "Tonks is pregnant."

"W-W-What?"

"Yeah, she's pregnant."

"How? With who?"

"Well, I'm not going to explain to you how, I surely hope you already know that," Aurora smirked, "But with Remus," She added, a large smile stretching her lips, "They're going to elope."

"And how do you feel about that?" Fred asked, his eyes scanning her face; which for the first time in a while looked utterly happy.

"I'm excited," She confessed, "I'm so so happy for them, but...But I'm scared," She admitted, her voice lowering, "What if-What if--" She couldn't even finish the sentence as tears began spilling from her eyes without consent.

Fred instantly knew what Aurora wanted to say. Without making her say those words he immediately brought her into a tight hug, one hand placed around her back as one was holding her head to his chest. He could feel his sweater becoming damp as Aurora cried, the fear of losing her family taking over her.

"Woah what happened in here?" George's voice questioned as he walked into the dining area of the flat, "What did Fred do?"

Aurora let out a small chuckle as Fred looked up at his twin, an offended expression on his face, "What makes you think I did something?" He interrogated.

George simply shrugged and smiles sheepishly, "I thought you did it."

Fred's eyes widened as he began shaking his head at his twin, anxiety bubbling in his stomach.

Aurora looked up, her black hair falling in front of her eyes as she quickly swiped it away, "Did what?" She questioned looking at George before her eyes switched to Fred when he refused to look at the girl.

"Nothing," Fred quickly told her, glancing down at the black haired woman before he looked back at George, a stern expression on his face, "He meant nothing. You know George, he's insane. Don't listen to anything he says."

Aurora glanced between the twins, a confused look on her face as she figured there was something they weren't telling her, but right now that was the least of her worries. Shaking her head she turned to her boyfriend, "Right, well, I'll leave you two to whatever it is, I've got to go," She explained, briefly checking the time on her wrist watch as she stood up out of her seat, wiping away the dried tears on her cheeks.

"Where are you going?" Fred asked, the anxious feeling leaving as he looked at the black haired witch, feeling glad the topic moved towards something completely different.

"I'm suppose to be meeting Tonks," She explained casually, "Don't wait up," She added after placing a quick kiss on Fred's lips before she shoved her shoes on, grabbed a jacket and apparelled out of the flat.

Fred finally turned his full attention to George, his eyes glaring at his twin who smiled sheepishly as he casually tried slipping out of the dining room; something that of course, didn't go unnoticed.

"I didn't mean for that to slip out," George confessed, holding his arms up in the air as if he was surrendering.

Fred send him one last glare, "I knew I shouldn't have told you, dumbass."

AN- I've been feeling like reading a Regulus story but can't find any decent ones with more than one chapter, anyone have any recommendations?